+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM-Do you know the answer?

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
PMM or anyone else who might know.

In OP1 appendix G-Disposal of paper documents. Do they do this is Mississauga or at the forwarded visa office(like buffalo)?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01e.pdf

im curious because Mississauga said i was missing a form i know i sent in and i was hoping buffalo would see it when my application got to them. But if Mississauga destroys paper documents then buffalo wont get a chance to find it in the pile.

also are medicals received reflected on the sponsorship ecas or on the sponsored persons ecas?

T

TaaDow

Very little documentation is ever destroyed at CPC-Mississauga.

Only those documents found to be completely un-necessary to either CPC-M or the overseas visa office are occasionally shredded. This could include things like duplicate income docs, forms filled in with only "NA" (ie. A Common Law Declaration form included with a sponsorship for a married spouse, or a Use of Representative form included in a case where no rep has been appointed).

If an officer is unsure of a documents usefullness, when in doubt the form is forwarded to the visa office.

In a case of Parental or Other family members where CPC-M does not forward anything to the visa office, any questionable documents would be returned to the sponsor or their legal rep.

Any paperwork CPC-M keeps, is digitally imaged and then destroyed to be maintained in digital format only.

As for part 2 of your question... medical files are attached to the sponsored individuals file, not the sponsors.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
THANK YOU---so does this mean buffalo may indeed find the document CIC-M says is missing?

T

TaaDow

If Mississauga is asking for a document and you have not yet received a decision letter from them, then you will have to re-send this document. Nothing is forwarded overseas from Mississauga until AFTER they have rendered their decision.

If Mississauga has requested something then it is likely that their decision is pending until the requested item has been received.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
We got the approval letter for my husband to sponsor us, and our application has been forwaded to buffalo,and on the letter it said the application was incomplete becasue the additional family info form was missing, i KNOW 100%%% i put it in the package with everything else. So im wondering if theres a chance buffalo will see it when Mississauga did not.

T

TaaDow

Your best bet would be to simply fill out the form again and send a copy to Buffalo. Better to save yourself any potential processing delays.

Yes, Buffalo will find the form if it's there, but again, better safe then sorry.

If Buffalo also finds it missing they will send a letter to the Principal Applicant requesting the form and processing will be paused while they wait for it.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
OK so i send it off to buffalo, i will put my husbands client ID number on the coverpage?

T

TaaDow

YEah and maybe include a copy of the CPC-M letter you were sent...

Best of luck... off for the weekend...