+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM, can you plz advise ?

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
I posted this: in the International student section. So plz forgive me and try to help:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-someone-appeal-the-refusal-of-the-study-visa-how-t36000.0.html

Hello everyone.

A friend has been refused a visa to study in Canada. The application was complete with loads of supportive documents e.g.:
1) Formal acceptance of the Educational Institute
2) Loads of fund, ..enough to support him for many years
3) Family support
4) he is a graduate and can qualify for nomination or Skilled Worker, if interested. It means instead of using the study visa to sneak into Canada he could go through normal channels easily.

The refusal letter came as vague and non specific....as this "you could not satisfy me (Immig officer) that you will return back from Canada".

Having that experience, in that particular Canadian Embassy, I have no doubt that the officers, who happened to be local, are having their own political agenda and sentiment. Though the officers have power and discretion, this should not break the Canadian Charter and trust.

Can he appeal the decision? or the decision is final and absolute? Can he make a complaint supported by evidence and documents to the Immigration Minister? Does it work this way? Anyone can advise? Thanks

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Re: Apology if the topic is not for family class... but plz help as you can

4) he is a graduate and can qualify for nomination or Skilled Worker, if interested. It means instead of using the study visa to sneak into Canada he could go through normal channels easily.

I see a big red flag when I read this. They probably think he is trying to use the student visa to fast track his way into Canada. If he has all the qualifications that you claim than he should be applying as a skilled worker, and than having immigrated go and study if that is what he really wants to do. I say fast track, because applying as a skilled worker application takes years compared with months on the student visa.

Since you put your question in the family section, is he your boyfriend? Do they know about your relationship?

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Re: Apology if the topic is not for family class... but plz help as you can

annabruce said:

I see a big red flag when I read this. They probably think he is trying to use the student visa to fast track his way into Canada. If he has all the qualifications that you claim than he should be applying as a skilled worker, and than having immigrated go and study if that is what he really wants to do. I say fast track, because applying as a skilled worker application takes years compared with months on the student visa.

Since you put your question in the family section, is he your boyfriend? Do they know about your relationship?
I don't know what to say to you ..but will clarify points again for other readers.
In my old posts, almost everyone here knows I am married and my husband is EU citizen. Our family class case is almost done. This is a friend. ..as indicated clearly in my post. He is not interested in immigrating to Canada. He is accepted for Master and PhD in Dalhousie