+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM can u help me

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi, my husband applied as a skilled worker.He has got more than 15 yrs of experience.Most of his job experience is working with his first company but unfortunately some yrs back tht company got bankrupt n closed due to differences between the owners,as it was a family owned business.As it happened abruptly so my husband was not able to take a letter from his previous employer.He also hasnt got the salary slips for tht period as he was paid in cash , as most employers do to save taxes.Although he has got the tax returns for that period.My husband can prove more than 4 yrs experience ,except the old company s experience(thru employer letter,salary slips etc).My question s tht irrespective of the fact tht he can prove his 4 yrs experience , ll cic also ask for the previous employers letter as well which we do not ve at this moment.I mean is the absence of tht letter which s logically , not required at this moment,( thts wht i think,) ll ve any effect on IO for awarding him points for experience.PMM n thai guy might explain it better but any expert advice ll be highly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

newcomer said:
hi i am waiting for any advice from u PMM
I do have a life. As long as your spouse can prove 4 years of skilled work in level A,B or O, then an explanation as to why he is unable to obtain a letter from the previous employer may suffice. He may wish to contact one of the owners to get the experience letter if that is possible.

PMM

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
hi, thanks PMM for ur valuable info. I appreciate the way u r helping ppl of different forums , in order to ease this process of immigration for them . thanks again.

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hi

You can write an explanation letter to CIC and try to provide the proof of sponsorship of that company.For that you could attach the pages from your passport with the residence stamps if you worked in Middle east during that period. This way you will be able to convince CIC - IO.

Best Wishes