+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM-CAIPS notes help

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Hi PMM, could you please help me with understanding the following CAIPS note?

Paper file sent to: PEB File BF'D to: PS on 11-07-2010

I understand that PEB is the initial of the visa officer. What does the PS means? Is it Paper Screen or Paper Store?

My spouse's medical is valid till 13-07-2010. If they Paper Screen the file on July 11 it will be too late to issue her visa. She has to do her medical again, in worst case scenario. Or could it be that they want the file back to store it after PEB completes the file processing?

Thanks in advance.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
In our case PS meant - PS: Prescreen.

It looks like they will ask for medicals redone.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
- Yes I did order the CAIPS note. It also mentioned about the immigration photos we submitted. Those can not be used for COPR. I guess they will ask for new photos when they will request for passport inshallah. I am not worried about that at the moment.

I am just worried about the bring forward date to PS, why it is saying 11-07-2010. That is a long way to go.

Any update from your side?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

habib890 said:
- Yes I did order the CAIPS note. It also mentioned about the immigration photos we submitted. Those can not be used for COPR. I guess they will ask for new photos when they will request for passport inshallah. I am not worried about that at the moment.

I am just worried about the bring forward date to PS, why it is saying 11-07-2010. That is a long way to go.

The Bring Forward date is just a reminder. Every time something new arrives on the file, the file is supposed to be brought out to the officer. The BF date is to ensure that if something arrives for the file and the file is not brought out at that time, the file will not be forgotten.

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

habib890 said:

The Bring Forward date is just a reminder. Every time something new arrives on the file, the file is supposed to be brought out to the officer. The BF date is to ensure that if something arrives for the file and the file is not brought out at that time, the file will not be forgotten.

PMM
- For example, when background check is completed and reported to the file then it will be brought to the visa officer? Even though it is done before the BF date?
-Or they will keep updating the file with all necessary processing. Then bring the file to the visa officer on that BF date?
- Do you think there is a possibility that the case can be completed before the mentioned BF date?

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi[

quote author=habib890 link=topic=29049.msg167826#msg167826 date=1258328084]
PMM said:
Hi

habib890 said:

PMM
- For example, when background check is completed and reported to the file then it will be brought to the visa officer? Even though it is done before the BF date?
-Or they will keep updating the file with all necessary processing. Then bring the file to the visa officer on that BF date?
- Do you think there is a possibility that the case can be completed before the mentioned BF date?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

As I said, if something arrives on file it is brought out. In your question, when the results of the background security checks are received, the file is brought out, they don't wait. They want to clear out the files as quick as possible.

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Thanks. That makes sense.

In addition, are record check (R/C) and Criminality check (background check) same? I can see from my CAIPS they have already done the R/C. But the criminality check is not done yet.

Thanks in advance.

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hi Habib
Is there anything else that shows on ecas other than the processing date and medicals received?
Thanks

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
maxvol said:
Hi Habib
Is there anything else that shows on ecas other than the processing date and medicals received?
Thanks
- As I mentioned above to Shawon, it also says that the photos (immigration photos) were not up to standard for COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). The cause is we wrote information at the back of those photos.

- Yes, the processing date and medical assessment date were also mentioned on CAIPS.

Other important information I retrieved that they had done a general record check of my previous history. Like my previous student visa application file in Dhaka, and renewal of visa at Seattle etc. They also searched information for my spouse but they could not find anything in the immigration database as she is totally new applicant.

- Criminality check is not done yet, it is blank.

- They also used 0 in other decision fields because the CAIPS were order at a early stage no decision were made.

Thanks.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are correct about the photos: when you get your passport request they will also include instructions for more photos.

By the time you are a PR you will have been on more photos than most models... :D

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
Hello buddies
Can anyonetell me is this CAIPS is legal n can I get it for free from some site or do i have to find someone to do that n wt is its credibility>>>>>>>>>???????????????????? hope wil get some answers dat can help me.................