+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM and others: Alternate avenues of disputing processing office actions

LCS

May 5, 2005
<Gotchaa wrote:
We have won our appeal, against refusal of my application, through Alternate Dispute Resolution!>

Does anyone know if there is another formal avenue for challenging the process such as in my case where there is no "apparent" reason why a "final review" has now been 3 months with no PR visa, and we have not been contacted for any further info or to notify of any problem. They have not answered my enquires after more than 4 weeks, it will be 5 weeks on Tuesday that they have not responded. They have not answered my MP's office enquiry after 2 weeks although they were told it could be one month so they are in the line waiting also.
Is there a watchdog for making sure the individual offices are not taking revenge on people in the way of this arrogant non-communication and non-action? An ombudsman or someone like that?
People have said they are afraid to make a complaint against the offices that are taking too long to process their cases because they fear repercussions with their case. Where ARE we? Communist China?...where the citizens are afraid of backlash if they speak out against a Government agency?

detan

May 30, 2008
Capitalist,
go write aganist the office that is processing your case. Go insult them. You're so proud of your canada, your democracy and your freedom, so why you are not protesting? This system, this country you're so proud of is still throwing away all your rights and treating you with so much snobbery and arrogance. You're saying Canada is not China. You make me laugh. I live 10 years in canada and I notice how much this country ''respect'' it citizens right. You really have no right in this country. You're just a client with a number in any situation. I challenge you to protest against the way you are right now treating by the system and I challenge your canadian democracy to respect your right and not retaliate you and finalize you case in a reasonable delay. I'm sorry but, citizen right respect is just not there. All the rest is visibility propaganda.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Well at least detan is in agreement or havent denied about what China does to its citizens if they speak up against the communist government otherwise he/she wouldnt have wasted 10 precious years of life in "Canada". Or maybe he/she had a misconception that every country whose name begin with letter "C" will be the same. Why dont people migrate to China instead? Why immigrants try to impose their life style on people who accept them as immigrants and then criticise them while enjoying the benefits which they cannot even dream of having in their country of origin? Why do they work hard in Canada instead of doing the same in their own country and making it a better place for themselves? We are blaming the department not the society for its negligence and incompetence. If you cannot solve the problem at least you can highlight it. One should not migrate just to make money or to enjoy higher standard of living. Its more than that. Its giving up lots of your in born perceptions and trying to adopt the new ones according to the country of immigration. Immigrants not only bring cheap labor or blooming economy but also cost to the people who are living there since generations to generations and they should try to reduce that cost by being more adapbtable to the culture and enivornment, rather than overly demanding and critisizing out of anguish just because few people in the society refused to accept them as they are.

LCS

May 5, 2005
detan said:
Capitalist,
go write aganist the office that is processing your case. Go insult them. You're so proud of your canada, your democracy and your freedom, so why you are not protesting? This system, this country you're so proud of is still throwing away all your rights and treating you with so much snobbery and arrogance. You're saying Canada is not China. You make me laugh. I live 10 years in canada and I notice how much this country ''respect'' it citizens right. You really have no right in this country. You're just a client with a number in any situation. I challenge you to protest against the way you are right now treating by the system and I challenge your canadian democracy to respect your right and not retaliate you and finalize you case in a reasonable delay. I'm sorry but, citizen right respect is just not there. All the rest is visibility propaganda.
I am trying to search the right channels for getting some answers and some action for my case, and although I am not happy with the system, I will push on.
If you have a problem with being here in Canada, please feel free to return to whatever rock you crawled out from under in whatever country that was. You chose to come to this country, so if it's not working for you maybe you should consider leaving. It's obvious that after 10 years you haven't made much effort learning the language either. You will not be missed.

LCS

May 5, 2005
haris said:
It takes more then 4 weeks.I think it takes 6 to8weeks for an answer
They had previously answered in under two weeks. My MP's office recently told me it could take 4 weeks. It's now been 5 weeks. Lima has also not answered THEM in 2 1/2 weeks. I sent a Case Specific Enquiry on June 12 and supposedly 15 days is that reply time. 15 business days will be Friday. By Monday I'll be contacting my MP's office again to see if they have not had an answer in the 3 weeks it's been since they wrote and to inform them the case specific request wasn't answered either.
My MP's office has been WONDERFUL with helping me press for answers, they may also be left without replies from the same bureaucratic brick wall within their OWN system, but they are at least trying and they can file a complaint coming from them as my official representative.
An email I sent to the Minister's office has registered a "Read" receipt but no answer yet, if one will come at all.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
LCS - wondering if you've heard anything yet . . . or if you've ordered your CAIPS notes to try to find out what's going on.

LCS

May 5, 2005
RobsLuv said:
LCS - wondering if you've heard anything yet . . . or if you've ordered your CAIPS notes to try to find out what's going on.
I have sent for my CAIPS notes but they have not arrived yet.
I have not had ANY response whatsover from the Lima Embassy office since I wrote May 26 and no answer on the Case Specific Enquiry I sent in on June 12. They have not written my MP back since June 16. There is absolutely no accountability on their part to anyone it seems. I looked in on the Cdn Embasssy in Peru website and almost fell off my chair laughing, or perhaps in disbelief, at their announcement of a new Embassy building that said the "New building conveys Canada's stability, strength and transparency" WHAT TRANSPARENCY? I've never seen such a secretive closed uncooperative process.
My MP did receive some info. from CIC Ottawa, they said they were waiting on a CSIS background check. We thought that the one entire year it took from Feb 2007 to Feb 2008, while nothing moved forward, was the military and CSIS background check. Now with the MP saying they are waiting on (still?) a background check, we're not sure if this is yet another one, which I have been told is highly irregular, or if it's the same one that had not finished up yet even though they went forward the first week of Feb with asking for his renewed medical and police docs and then asked for and were given his passport as of April 1. Now at 3 1/2 months from time of passport submission.
I got some very good info. from someone on another site on how to contact CSIS myself for an update.

LCS

May 5, 2005
RobsLuv said:
Well, today my husband got a call from the Embassy and he is supposed to go there for an appointment Tuesday morning. Maybe the MP pushing for answers AGAIN has lit a fire.
COULD THIS BE IT!!!???

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Dear LCS,

I'm sooooooooooo happy for you. Please let us know once you hear anything!

Lynn

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Dear LCS,
All the very best and I am very happy for you. I hope its all good news. Do let us know when you know the result.

Mridula