Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi All
Here is the situation,I have a caregiver who is in the process of filing her PR,When CIC Vegreville stopped her application because her daughter with Cerebral Palsy is inadmissable for Medical reasons,Can she leave her daughter in the care of her sister who owns a hospital in the Philippines by signing a waiver that she is NOT bringing her daughter along,So that her family can go to Canada or if you think this is not feasible,I was thinking of putting this out into media having done this before with my contacts at CBC news,Vancouver Sun,Globe and Mail etc??Any suggestions

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she signs a waiver saying that she can never sponsor her, I assume they would let her in.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
Leon said:
If she signs a waiver saying that she can never sponsor her, I assume they would let her in.
Thanks Leon Any other ideas from the others???
Nope, CHC will not accept that, the child is inadmissible and therefor the parent is admissible. No such waiver exists.

PMM

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
BCGuy,

Isn't it the case that if she simply does not include her child in the application, she is unable to sponsor that child in the future? Or is that no longer an option?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

eduardoF said:
BCGuy,

Isn't it the case that if she simply does not include her child in the application, she is unable to sponsor that child in the future? Or is that no longer an option?
Thats called misrepresentation and could result in her removal from Canada.

PMM

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
What you don't have a chance to have PR when you have a child or siblings that has a madical condition like that? I think it's not fair, you should brought this story to media BCguy. People are just trying to have a better life in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

migwelder said:
What you don't have a chance to have PR when you have a child or siblings that has a madical condition like that? I think it's not fair, you should brought this story to media BCguy. People are just trying to have a better life in Canada.
You may not think it is fair, but is the Immigration law, "excessive medical demand. "

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a high publicity case in Australia where a medical doctor was refused permanent residency because of his down's syndrome son but it's also like this here and was also when I was applying for my immigration in 2000. I remember they had an example of a family with a developmentally disabled child and they said even if the parents had a fund set up to take care of the child's needs, they would be denied because something might happen to the fund.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
how about the sister legally adopting the child so that the sick child is legally no longer her child,Would that work???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about they hire one of these awesome immigration lawyers you were talking about a couple of months ago. There must be a loophole.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
here:

"All family members, accompanying or not, are required to be examined unless an officer decides otherwise. Normally, any inadmissible family member would render the principal applicant inadmissible as well [A42; R23]. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule described in R23. The first is the separated spouse of the applicant. The second is a child of the applicant who is in the legal custody of someone other than the applicant or an accompanying family member, or where someone other than the applicant or an accompanying family member is empowered to act on behalf of that child, by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law. If an applicant’s separated spouse or their children who are in the custody of someone else are
inadmissible, their inadmissibility would not render the applicant inadmissible."

This is from the skilled worker's manual, but I assume it would apply for temporary visas as well.

So if the woman's sister adopts the child, the woman would be elegible. Another option is that a court could declare the biological mother incapable of taking care of the child, and give custody to the woman's sister. Indeed, notice that it is only necessary that "someone other than the applicant or an accompanying family member is empowered to act on behalf of that child" for the applicant to be admissible...n

now you need to find out if the same applies for temporary visas. i would guess so.

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
i really want to extend my thanks to you guys for brain storming on our case. i really appreciate it. it seems there still loophole on our case. its really sort of depressing. Haven't heard from my mom yet since she wrote a letter to VO stating that she is not including my brother in sponsorship. im not sure if that's a good intervention though.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
No,your Aunt must legally ADOPT your brother so your brother is LEGALLY NOT your brother,Thats not good enough.Sorry