+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM -- A quick question

lovely

Jul 14, 2008
Could you very kindly help me out with this question.

First of all I understand the having student loans don't effect the sponsorship or sponsor's eligibility to sponsor but here's the question:

My wife is a full time student and she is sponsoring me from inside canada through vegreville. Last year she made some money and received OSAP (Ontario Student Loan) but after the wedding this year we informed them of the marital status change and they asked for my (spouses) income as well and clubbed it as family income for her. As a result her income increased and she was sent a letter saying that she was overpaid for this semester's student loan and she needs to pay it back. We checked with the department and they said the overpayment can be paid back in instalments and the only problem is that she won't be able to get any more funding for school/student loan unless this overpayment is back.

Now my question is would this due overpayment make her uneligible as a sponsor for my PR application when immigration checks that or it doesn't effect the pr sponsorship? I mean should we pay all of the overpayment back right away to protect the sponsorship?

Please help. Thank you very much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lovely said:
Could you very kindly help me out with this question.

First of all I understand the having student loans don't effect the sponsorship or sponsor's eligibility to sponsor but here's the question:

My wife is a full time student and she is sponsoring me from inside canada through vegreville. Last year she made some money and received OSAP (Ontario Student Loan) but after the wedding this year we informed them of the marital status change and they asked for my (spouses) income as well and clubbed it as family income for her. As a result her income increased and she was sent a letter saying that she was overpaid for this semester's student loan and she needs to pay it back. We checked with the department and they said the overpayment can be paid back in instalments and the only problem is that she won't be able to get any more funding for school/student loan unless this overpayment is back.

Now my question is would this due overpayment make her uneligible as a sponsor for my PR application when immigration checks that or it doesn't effect the pr sponsorship? I mean should we pay all of the overpayment back right away to protect the sponsorship?

Please help. Thank you very much
No.

PMM

lovely

Jul 14, 2008
Thank you - God Bless You!
Just to be clear on the safe side, you mean even if there's an outstanding overpayment and we need to pay back still it WILL NOT effect the PR sponsorship and she will be eligible to sponsor me? Please very kindly confirm sir.
I will be grateful.

detan

May 30, 2008
You don't need to pay the overpayment to protect the sponsorship. There is no relationship between the two things. THE OVERPAYMENT CANNOT EFFECT YOUR PR SPONSORSHIP. Stop worring.

lovely

Jul 14, 2008
Thanks detan.
[size=10pt][size=18pt]PMM could you please very kindly confirm this, please and please and please!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lovely said:
Thanks detan.
[size=10pt][size=18pt]PMM could you please very kindly confirm this, please and please and please!

How much further on to wish me to elaborate on No, it doesn't effect your application.

PMM