Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
If you don't tell it now, the process will definitely be delayed at the last stages. It is always best to clear things up as early as possible in the process. Send a webform or call IRCC.
I did but don't know what actions they gonna take now! and should we go ahead with medical or no ?

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I did but don't know what actions they gonna take now! and should we go ahead with medical or no ?
Go ahead and do your medical but make sure you notify IRCC about the name error. I cannot say for certain but you might be asked to resend certain documents. They will definitely not return your application. They already have your passport and identifications that show the correct name. There has been a lot of leeway afforded to new applications since the pandemic so just be calm. If you want more assurance talk to IRCC agent on the phone.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Go ahead and do your medical but make sure you notify IRCC about the name error. I cannot say for certain but you might be asked to resend certain documents. They will definitely not return your application. They already have your passport and identifications that show the correct name. There has been a lot of leeway afforded to new applications since the pandemic so just be calm. If you want more assurance talk to IRCC agent on the phone.
I called the agent and she said write everything in the webform and attach the passport copy again! But you think the medical physician will fix the error or do the medical ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I called the agent and she said write everything in the webform and attach the passport copy again! But you think the medical physician will fix the error or do the medical ?
It will depend on the centre/panel physician. But in my experience, they took copies of passports and even photos of all of the individuals, so I would guess that they will do the medicals and perhaps note that there seems to be an error in the name.

Note that the physicians and all of the forms / computer collation of all this data should be using the UCI (unique client identifier, I think) and not just the name. So I don't think it should cause a problem that the names are reversed.

No guarantee though but I would go ahead and try to do the medical.

PSW29

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Guys I am having same issue Mixed up with first and last name now we received a biometric and medical and I don't know what to do basically in passport the given name section has full name and Surname is left black and now all the communication we are getting they using last name as first name and first name as last name.

Hi Guyz
I'm in a similar situation. My wife's family name and given names are switched. I already informed IRCC on 4th March via a webform and talked with an agent too. They said it will take 3-4 weeks to correct the error. Did anyone who faces the same situation get an update so far?

PSW29

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hey friends i need ur help. M the sponser of my husband. My husband is in pakistan. I received my AOR and also received medical and biometric for my husband but they mixed my husband given name and family name. What they did is they put his given name into family name and family name into given name. His name is Mehdi Hassan nowthey sent medical and biometric form saying Hassan Mehdi. What shall I do now?? Plz help i m scared of telling them what if it took more longer. Plz suggest what shall i do

Hi Guyz
I'm in a similar situation. My wife's family name and given names are switched. I already informed IRCC on 4th March via a webform and talked with an agent too. They said it will take 3-4 weeks to correct the error. Did anyone who faces the same situation get an update so far?

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi Guyz
yes they are right. my husband is in canada with me now Alhamdulillah and when i send them the web form long time ago it took time too and than i received an email after few weeks that they fixed the name. so dont worry they will fix it :)