+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLZ REPLYYYY

kimmi

Feb 19, 2010
HI

MY QUESTION IS HOW LONG AFTER I RECIEVE AIP DO I GET A DECISION MADE LETTER OR HOW LONG DOES STAGE 2 TAKE?

ITS BEEN ONE YEAR SINCE MY APPLICATION WAS RECIEVED AT VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA...PLZ SHARE YOUR TIME LINE THANKS :)

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
It probably depends on where your application is for 2nd stage. After reading some of the posts it can take a few months to a few years depending on what office its at.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. It could be anywhere from a few months to a year, possibly longer. You can view individual timelines for other applications on trackitt: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You should go delete your other two duplicate threads - they will annoy people.

The reason you're not getting the answer you're looking for is because you didn't give us enough information. How long did it take you to get to AIP? Is your application still at CPC-Vegreville, or did it get transferred to a local office for special handling? You only mention that it's been in process for a year and that you have AIP, but you don't say how long ago you got AIP. so it makes it really hard for us to figure out what might be happening with it.

If you got AIP within the normal timeline of 6-7 months and your application is still at CPC-Vegreville, you can expect the second stage of assessment to take approximately 6-12 more months after AIP. But Vegreville only handles "straight-forward" cases - if there was any problem with your application and it was transferred to your local CIC office, and they issued AIP, it's anybody's guess how much longer you'll wait for finalization. If that's your situation, your sponsor should contact the Call Centre and ask about the individual processing timeline for the local CIC office that is handling your case.