+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLZ REPLY !"Diploma after 12th in Colleges ?

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
Hello i have given my 12th this year . Scored 75% marks in (PCM)
i wanted to know the value of CIVIL ENGINEERING DIPLOMA in CANADIAN COLLEGES ?
Will i get a job after that .and is it worth investing so much of money there? And which province should i go for better scope ? PLZ RPLY PLZ .IT WILL BE A GREAT HELP PLZ

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
No i am prep. For ielts right now ..
And i dont know much about visa.officer But i Just want to the answers of my post..it will help me very much.plz Reply.

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
They are trying to answer your questions. Why do you want to settle for diploma instead of bachelors degree ? You have just completed 12th. Your next step should probably be a bachelors degree. With a 4 year bachelors degree in canada you may get 3 yrs work permit. Don't worry civil engineers are in demand everywhere. Wirh a diploma you don't have much value. You should look for a degree now if tou want a career.

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
Bachelors degree is very much expensive there around 40 lkh.whereas diploma can be in 15lkh...n in that also i will get 3yrs work permit..n aftr getting job i can convert my diploma into degree..in short its a short cut.. Degree is xpnsive thats why i am gng for diploma...But its just that what will the scope and will Iget the job

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Ya you may get a job but it won't be equivalent to a degree. There is much competetion and you should consider that too. There are scholarships available for degree programs. Or check in colleges instead of universities. Fees may be less there. If you still want to go for diploma then yes you will still be able to get a job but the pay may not be much.

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
Actually i cant afford a degree there.. So shall i go there for diploma or not ? Or b.tech in india is a better option than that?

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Don't worry you can get admission easily.
You need to contact the better consultant.
I am right if you are from Pakistan or India!!

If you want b.tech. degree then do in your hime country then go for 1 yr PGD.

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Its not just about getting a work permit. You should get a job. I can't tell you what to do you should decide that on your own. But I would suggest you look for degree instead of diploma. If your intention was to just go abroad then go ahead with your plans. Talk to consultants in your area try to attend education fairs and get a general idea first and then decide

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
Let me tell u my final scenario.
1- I cant afford a degree there.
2- i want to get a job there and want to settle down
3- every consultnt tells me to go for diploma
4- i want to go In Civil field
And now tell me what should be done in my case..Diploma in abroad or Degree In India .!?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIVIL ENGINEERING DIPLOMA
I think you are talking about CIVIL ENGINEERING technician DIPLOMA?
They are in demand in Canada, it is true.
But at this moment you should think how to convince VO why would you like to go to CANADA and not to get it in India/UK/Australia. I am not telling you that people do not go to Canada to get their first post-secondary education, or do not get SP for that but you have to have strong reasons to do that.

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
I have told you already. Civil engineers are always in demand. Your worry should not be job prospects now but to convince visa officer, like regina pointed out earlier. Once you get into canada you can manage on your own later after your course. I am not saying your plan is not good enough just that you should have an idea of other coices as well. Yes I understand you don't have enoigh funds for a degree. Also its only a diploma course so vo will want to know why canada ? Find an answer to that and get on with your plans.