+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help.

student07

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hi..i've got an acceptance letter for wiNTER 2013 FROM SHERIDAN COLLEGE for computer programming.but i'd like to change the course since i've done my btech in electroncs nd communication as i was told that taking a computer programming in pgd diploma course is not advisable. So i'd like to know that if i mail the col ppl for change of my course before gng for visa will they do that..?if so what will be the processing time for change of the course.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
student07 said:
Hi..i've got an acceptance letter for wiNTER 2013 FROM SHERIDAN COLLEGE for computer programming.but i'd like to change the course since i've done my btech in electroncs nd communication as i was told that taking a computer programming in pgd diploma course is not advisable. So i'd like to know that if i mail the col ppl for change of my course before gng for visa will they do that..?if so what will be the processing time for change of the course.
You already asked the same question in the "international students" forum, don't just copy/paste same questions so you could get an answer

student07

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Johnny31 said:
You already asked the same question in the "international students" forum, don't just copy/paste same questions so you could get an answer
im new to this forum..so i got confused when the same post posted here dint appear in international students forum.so ive also posted there.My intension was not that.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Well, you will have to apply for a different course and pay application fees and if you meet admission requirements, they will send you another admission letter. Do you have time to do this and still get a visa in time for Jan 2013?

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
student07 said:
im new to this forum..so i got confused when the same post posted here dint appear in international students forum.so ive also posted there.My intension was not that.
Hey!!

No need to change your plans when applying to your visa or changing your field right now.
If you have the admission letter, go get your visa, once you come you are entitled to change your program even more change the university if you want. CIC only needs an admission letter so that they deliver you a study permit, So when you come here you are free to change your program/university. but for note that for certain programs the university/college requires to spend at least 1 semester( in your case:winter) in the the program you originally appplied for, before they transfered you to the new program you want. U Ususally if your university is public funded one, there is no fee to pay to change programs /faculty inside a university. how I know that??
I've been there...did that

student07

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
rosty2 said:
Hey!!

No need to change your plans when applying to your visa or changing your field right now.
If you have the admission letter, go get your visa, once you come you are entitled to change your program even more change the university if you want. CIC only needs an admission letter so that they deliver you a study permit, So when you come here you are free to change your program/university. but for note that for certain programs the university/college requires to spend at least 1 semester( in your case:winter) in the the program you originally appplied for, before they transfered you to the new program you want. U Ususally if your university is public funded one, there is no fee to pay to change programs /faculty inside a university. how I know that??
I've been there...did that
Thanks for your reply.I've done my bachelors in electronics and communication enng,so will it be ok if i go for computer programming and file for visa...?will they reject it saying irrelavent course..?please help.

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
student07 said:
Thanks for your reply.I've done my bachelors in electronics and communication enng,so will it be ok if i go for computer programming and file for visa...?will they reject it saying irrelavent course..?please help.
it will be okay!!
all CIC needs is an acceptance letter for a university/college (better to be a public funded one), a proof that your have money for your needs(at my time it was $22000 for 1 year including school fees) and thats it you will have your visa.