+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help - Study Permit Extension (Outside of Canda)

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi mates,

Please help on this.

My study permit expires end of November.
My studies end by end of December. So, I only need 1 month extension to complete my studies.

I am currently outside Canada. I see that I CAN NOT EXTEND my study visa outside and that I need to be INSIDE CANADA for that.

What are my options? Apply for a new permit ?

Secondly, I will be applying for PGWP end of December as my studies complete. So while my application for Study permit is in progress, can i apply for PGWP ?

One other option is I apply for visitor visa - which I will be applying for - and if am lucky to get it befoe end of November, get inside canada and do the extension.

Please help with your kind suggestions. Give me two mins and am sure your suggestion wil be helpful. thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi mates,

Please help on this.

My study permit expires end of November.
My studies end by end of December. So, I only need 1 month extension to complete my studies.

I am currently outside Canada. I see that I CAN NOT EXTEND my study visa outside and that I need to be INSIDE CANADA for that.

What are my options? Apply for a new permit ?

Secondly, I will be applying for PGWP end of December as my studies complete. So while my application for Study permit is in progress, can i apply for PGWP ?

One other option is I apply for visitor visa - which I will be applying for - and if am lucky to get it befoe end of November, get inside canada and do the extension.

Please help with your kind suggestions. Give me two mins and am sure your suggestion wil be helpful. thanks
If outside Canada, you apply for a new study permit. You can’t apply for a PGWP until you have completed your studies (Transcript and letter of completion). You don’t have a visitor visa and have not applied for one? Where do you live because processing can be long.

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
If outside Canada, you apply for a new study permit. You can’t apply for a PGWP until you have completed your studies (Transcript and letter of completion). You don’t have a visitor visa and have not applied for one? Where do you live because processing can belong.
Thank you so much for your reply.

I will be applying in the coming 2 days for a visit visa.

So, if my study permit application is in the process but I graduate by end of this year, I can apply and am eligible for PGWP right?

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply.

I will be applying in the coming 2 days for a visit visa.

So, if my study permit application is in the process but I graduate by end of this year, I can apply and am eligible for PGWP right?

Regards
I don’t know current guidelines whether you are eligible for a PGWP with being out of country and having an expired visa.