+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help me out here, grandma got stroke, need to go back ASAP, landing interview next month.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
Guys
Please help me out here
I asked several agencies and their answers are all different.

Im an inland applicant, and my landing interview is next month April 5
And I just got news today that my grandma got stroke and probably ...so I should go back ASAP, but one of the agency said to me I cannot go back before the interview, if I go back, I will have to reapply again.
Is that true?

Thank u

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Did you get your COPR yet? If you did, you can land when you return. If you didn’t, there is a risk they may cancel you application or refuse you entry on your return. Difficult to say.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
Did you get your COPR yet? If you did, you can land when you return. If you didn’t, there is a risk they may cancel you application or refuse you entry on your return. Difficult to say.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I am currently staying in Canada holding a study permit (graduated last year Dec, waiting for work permit, then interview letter arrived first).
I haven’t get the COPR, I assume I will be getting it in April when l have the interview?
So I shouldn’t go back before the interview?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys
Please help me out here
I asked several agencies and their answers are all different.

Im an inland applicant, and my landing interview is next month April 5
And I just got news today that my grandma got stroke and probably ...so I should go back ASAP, but one of the agency said to me I cannot go back before the interview, if I go back, I will have to reapply again.
Is that true?

Thank u
Unfortunately it's impossible for any of us to say what will happen - that's why there isn't a clear answer. Inland applicants are supposed to remain in Canada and must complete the landing interview from within Canada. If you decide you leave, you need to make sure you return before April 5th so that you can attend the landing interview. Note that you'll need either a TRV or ETA to re-enter Canada. It can take some time for a TRV to be processed. So if you require a TRV (rather than ETA), there's a risk you won't get one in time to make the interview.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
Unfortunately it's impossible for any of us to say what will happen - that's why there isn't a clear answer. Inland applicants are supposed to remain in Canada and must complete the landing interview from within Canada. If you decide you leave, you need to make sure you return before April 5th so that you can attend the landing interview. Note that you'll need either a TRV or ETA to re-enter Canada. It can take some time for a TRV to be processed. So if you require a TRV (rather than ETA), there's a risk you won't get one in time to make the interview.
Thank you so much for the reply
I am currently staying in Canada holding a student visa (expire in Aug), I will still need a TRV to re-enter?

Thank you so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much for the reply
I am currently staying in Canada holding a student visa (expire in Aug), I will still need a TRV to re-enter?

Thank you so much
A study permit does not allow you to travel to Canada. If you are not visa-exempt, you need a valid visa in your passport.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
A study permit does not allow you to travel to Canada. If you are not visa-exempt, you need a valid visa in your passport.
I once traveled back to my home country and came back to Canada (holding Canada school student visa). Do you think I should be ok?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I once traveled back to my home country and came back to Canada (holding Canada school student visa). Do you think I should be ok?
There is a difference between a study permit and a visa. Visa = TRV. Do you require a TRV and if so, do you have a TRV stamped in your passport that is still valid?

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
There is a difference between a study permit and a visa. Visa = TRV. Do you require a TRV and if so, do you have a TRV stamped in your passport that is still valid?
I think my study permit is a student visa that allows me to stay in Canada until the end of the year.
I do have a paper, but no stamp on my passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I think my study permit is a student visa that allows me to stay in Canada until the end of the year.
I do have a paper, but no stamp on my passport.
Again, a study permit is not a visa. Where are you from?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply.
I am from Hong Kong.
I just realized that I don’t need a visa to travel to Canada. I rarely go back so I forgot about it.

Thank you so much for the help!
Make sure that your eTA is valid.

Reactions: YVR123