+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLZ HELP...I WANT MY WIFE HERE IN CANADA WITH ME...

angad.ajay

Feb 12, 2013
:( Hi Sir,
I am full time 2 year program international(Indian)student in Centennial College. My wife (Russian) applied for study visa on 20th Jan 2013 but got refusal. In the visa application she didn't mention our marriage status because till that time we didn't get our marriage certificates . We got married on 24th Dec 2012. Now we have got marriage certificates and are confused whether to apply for spouse visa or study visa. Will there be any problem because before she didn't mention marriage status in study visa form?? We love each other a lot and want to live together , I feel difficulty in concentrating on my studies too because she is far. Please help us.
Regards
AJAY

aidzbelty

Feb 10, 2013
Hi,

My family friend has an almost similar case like this, but in the Philippines.. They immediately informed the immigration of changes of their civil status and sent the supporting documents and they still got approved..

Your spouse has to declare all updated information, even recent changes like her civil status.. If her intention with her first application is to study like you then I would probably suggest to re-apply for a study visa, but there is information in the immigration website of spouses who want to accompany you while you study:

Can my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children come with me to Canada?

Your spouse or common-law partner and children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, if they:
meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada,
satisfy an immigration officer they will only stay in Canada temporarily,
can prove they have no criminal record, if necessary, and
meet all the conditions for getting a temporary resident visa, if they are from a country or territory whose citizens require a visa in order to enter Canada as visitors.

There is also an existing thread started by lovejisus regarding sponsoring his wife as an international student and there are good replies that may answer your question.. Good luck! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angad.ajay said:
:( Hi Sir,
I am full time 2 year program international(Indian)student in Centennial College. My wife (Russian) applied for study visa on 20th Jan 2013 but got refusal. In the visa application she didn't mention our marriage status because till that time we didn't get our marriage certificates . We got married on 24th Dec 2012. Now we have got marriage certificates and are confused whether to apply for spouse visa or study visa. Will there be any problem because before she didn't mention marriage status in study visa form?? We love each other a lot and want to live together , I feel difficulty in concentrating on my studies too because she is far. Please help us.
Regards
AJAY
The chances of her getting a TRV just got even slimmer. She lied on her visa application as I assume she stated she was single, while she was married (not having the marriage certificate is no excuse). It is quite possible when she re-applies finding that she is now banned for misrepresentation.

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with them. If both of you were already married on the day she applied for a student permit, it's already considered misrepresentation. Regardless if your marriage certificate was not yet ready, the fact that she's married or got married on the day she applied, she should have declared it.

There's a difference between:
1. Single on the day he/she sent his/her application

And

2. Married on the day he/she sent his/her application (regardless if you got your marriage certificate or not)

But you can still try and attach an explanation letter.