+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz help~ EE change spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying after PPR

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Hi folks,
I am in a relatively special situation and it would be much appreciated if some experts could put your thoughts and suggestions.

I applied EE under CEC and got passport request recently. I put my spouse as non-accompanying in my EE application because he's working in US and we thought we could do long distance for several years. But as time went by, we found long distance is hard and we want to stay together. We decided that my husband would come to Canada after we got our PR together.
Therefore, I notified the VO that now I would like to change my spouse's status from non-accompanying to accompanying, so hopefully we could get our PR together. The VO requested additional docs from my in my online application - they are processing fee and a letter of explanation. I have paid the $550 + $490 fee for my spouse now and also include a letter of explanation to explain the reason (as described above).

My confusion is that - will my score got recalculated? I got invite to apply at score 470 (with the min score of the draw being 456 back to that round), however I tried to calculate my score with spouse and it's 450. So will the VO recalculate our score at a later time? Or the VO already decided that we don't need a score recalculation and that's why he only request fees and letter of explanation from us now? (Note that my spouse's PoC, Medical, Photos... have been uploaded before as non-accompanying)

If unluckily our score will be recalculated, will we got rejected? Could we apply for EE again if unfortunately we got rejected? I just feel like it's kind of disappointed if we are required to pay fees for my spouse first and then got rejected only because the recalcualted score...

Thank you so much folks! Please advise.