non credit prepration
What is it?

A study permit will NOT be issued for:

pre -school;

courses of general interest or self-improvement;

distance learning (see section 5.9); or

audited courses (typically by sitting in on an
academic course, but without obtaining credit for
it, or having the ability to obtain credit for it retroactively)
page 11
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf

If you even get SP NON credit wil take you nowhere in turms of PGWP. To get it you have to graduate with a diploma, a degree...

Gurvinder kaur

Jan 3, 2014
Canadian nursing review programme. One year certificate. This course is non credit and non vocational. I want to ask what I can do after this completed . Can I extent my study permit or I can apply wrk permit. Plzz help

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why people don't you ever ask your question IN PROPER WAY WITH IMPORTANT DETAILS? :eek:

Before your graduation from NURSING program you will need to find an employer (it will not be difficult for a nurse), he will get you LMO (it will not be diffucult, there is a shortage of any hospital staff), you will appoint a date for sitting a professional exam, meanwile you will be working. Then you can apply for PR through PNP or maybe through FSW (new changes to FSW program are coming soon).

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gurvinder kaur said:
But now I find out My college is unregister now what can I do ?
What do you mean by "unregistered"?

Is your college on the list of approved educational institutions according to the list on CIC.gc.ca or not?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itstime , her course is not academic. it is
Canadian nursing review programme.
She is a nurse who taking a program to adjust her international education to Canadian one. And then she needs to take a professional exam.
She cannot get PGWP but she can find an employer who will make her LMO (and it is easy , she is A NURSE :)) start working and preparing for the exam. Usually they give three-four months to prepare while already working.

Gurvinder kaur , why would you like to extend your SP?
I m doing one year non credit preparation certificate with co op wrk permit
. Are you in Canada already? Are you taking that course right now?
OR
You are only GOING to apply to that program "NOT DOING it"?

Gurvinder kaur

Jan 3, 2014
That college is not rocognized and if I will continue this course with that college they don't have any co op placement and not even any training material so that I have to make some arreangmenst for after this.