Plumbers

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Mate, There are very few plumbers applying from all over the world. You have good future in there since Canada need mostly the blue collar workers.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Highlyfavour has a BRILLIANT future - do you KNOW how much plumbers charge per hour for their work???? Nice one HF! Good Luck.

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
All I can say to Highly flavor is BEST OF LUCK.
Canadia has hgih opportunity for blue collar jobs and they are highly paid, sometimes more than so called white collar jobs.

I myself have applied in 7242(Industrial Electrician) category. The average pay is quite high and one requires only trade certification to get into it.

highlyfavour

Feb 1, 2011
Thanks all for your replies.

My husband is the plumber and will be taking the IELTS exam in March 2011. Thereafter, we will be sending our FSW application.

I am seeing that the apps rec'd so far on the CIC's website is 29. So we are very optimistic.

Highlyfavour

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I checked on line and found the following table showing city, LOW, AVE, HIGH hourly rates:
Plumber
Toronto $14 $25 $37
Calgary $17 $31 $38
Winnipeg $14 $23 $31

I am a bit surprised at the LOW end, as I always thought they charged a lot more, but maybe that is the difference between what they get paid and what the shop would charge for their services. Even so, from the AVERAGE rate up you could live quite comfortably. The low prices would be challenging.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
highlyfavour said:
Thanks all for your replies.

My husband is the plumber and will be taking the IELTS exam in March 2011. Thereafter, we will be sending our FSW application.

I am seeing that the apps rec'd so far on the CIC's website is 29. So we are very optimistic.

Highlyfavour
Don't waste your time now. Apply ASAP. New list might come into effect in the month of June 2011. So hurry up!

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
nano24482 said:
All I can say to Highly flavor is BEST OF LUCK.
Canadia has hgih opportunity for blue collar jobs and they are highly paid, sometimes more than so called white collar jobs.

I myself have applied in 7242(Industrial Electrician) category. The average pay is quite high and one requires only trade certification to get into it.
It's true

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Completely agree with SISH that you should get your application all ready to go before the IELTS results come back, so you can send it off asap. Our friend has had problems with an application lost by CIO, others with courier companies losing them, so I am not saying that will happen to anyone else, but at least you have some "wiggle room" if you have to get another application in before the end of June. It takes 13 days after the IELTS exam to get results. Good Luck.

lins

Jan 13, 2011
I know lot of plumbers from India who like to work in Canada. But they are lacking English languages skills. So i feel for trade occupations language skills should be relaxes bcoz they are doing great works in middle east.
lins

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lins said:
I know lot of plumbers from India who like to work in Canada. But they are lacking English languages skills. So i feel for trade occupations language skills should be relaxes bcoz they are doing great works in middle east.
lins
How could a plumber work in Canada, if s/he can't speak either of the official languages? Without the language skills they never would be able to pass the red seal exams.

highlyfavour

Feb 1, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

How could a plumber work in Canada, if s/he can't speak either of the official languages? Without the language skills they never would be able to pass the red seal exams.
True PMM