+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plss.need your help and advice regarding work permit in CEC

danmaw

Dec 3, 2011
hubby is working in Alberta for almost 3 year's now under NOC B and we are already prepared our documents for the Canadian Experience Application but we halted it because hubby's work permit will expire this coming January,although his LMO is on process.My question is can He still process the CEC even if the work permit is almost expired?
i read the guide in the application for permanent residence For CEC ( ''You do not have to be in employed at the time of the application''.)or " can be process within one year of leaving your job in Canada"
but we are confused because one of the requirements in the documents checklist for CEC is the recent work permit..we are so confused now please advice us or share your info.. TIA..

sai_murthy

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CCP-O
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-10.2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Interview........
Waivied
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
danmaw said:
hubby is working in Alberta for almost 3 year's now under NOC B and we are already prepared our documents for the Canadian Experience Application but we halted it because hubby's work permit will expire this coming January,although his LMO is on process.My question is can He still process the CEC even if the work permit is almost expired?
i read the guide in the application for permanent residence For CEC ( ''You do not have to be in employed at the time of the application''.)or " can be process within one year of leaving your job in Canada"
but we are confused because one of the requirements in the documents checklist for CEC is the recent work permit..we are so confused now please advice us or share your info.. TIA..
Hi, You can apply. Once you receive the renewed WP, you can submit that too. I think you are talking about the point#6 from check list. It is good to submit the employer reference letters. If you cannot provide a reference from an employer, provide a written explanation and any documentation that would support your claim to such employment and provide the information as set forth above then =a copy of your most recent work permit.

phathalo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
AOR Received.
23-09-2011
Med's Request
17-10-2011
Med's Done....
28-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
I applied for CEC end of July and my WP was expiring early Sep. while LMO was in process.

As you can see from my status, my CEC application went smoothly (independently of my LMO and WP renewal application status - which went well).

So I'd say go ahead and submit as soon as possible, and if you are lucky your application could be transferred to the new Ottawa office which seems now takes about 4-5 months to process the application.