+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls share ur oath taking ceremony experience!

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
Hello everyone!

Will be having my oath taking ceremony in Vancouver in April and I'm just wondering if anyone can share their oath taking experience! My ceremony will be on Sunday and apparently its marked on the CIC website as well as the papers I received through mail that it'll be one of those special ceremonies to celebrate the 150th anniversary. Just want to ask more or less what goes on during the ceremony and how long does it take all in all?

And as a bonus, if my oath ceremony is on a Sunday, does that mean I can try to apply for a passport by Wednesday?

Thank you in advance to everyone who replies! :)

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
hopinggirl said:
Hello everyone!

Will be having my oath taking ceremony in Vancouver in April and I'm just wondering if anyone can share their oath taking experience! My ceremony will be on Sunday and apparently its marked on the CIC website as well as the papers I received through mail that it'll be one of those special ceremonies to celebrate the 150th anniversary. Just want to ask more or less what goes on during the ceremony and how long does it take all in all?

And as a bonus, if my oath ceremony is on a Sunday, does that mean I can try to apply for a passport by Wednesday?

congrats but i think when u wait 4 yr for citizenship. there is noting wrong to wait 1 week to apply for passport

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can apply for your passport on the Wednesday after your ceremony. Enjoy the ceremony...it is a wonderful experience!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
there are videos of ceremonies on youtube, etc.......watch them if u like.....its a nice occasion

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hopinggirl said:
Hello everyone!

You will be called by CIC officer to sign some documents and then you would be sent to your seat# and the citizenship judge will come, the ceremony will start including oath and then you need to sign some documents to get your citizenship certificate and then you can have picture with citizenship judge and that's all

Yes, you can apply for new passport on late wednesday (preferably Thursday).

congrats and enjoy!

ddlyt

Mar 15, 2017
hopinggirl said:
Hello everyone!

Hi, I also applied in Vancouver. When did you send you application? And when did you receive your invitation?

Thanks!