18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hello All,

I have done by Masters in business administration from India. Now I want to study in Canada and settle there. A 2 year course will give me 3 yrs of PSWV. So, I want to take any 2 yr course in the field of management. But the consultants here in India say that I will definitely get visa rejection because, I already have my masters. Can any 1 pls help me on this. How can I get a visa for 2 yr course.

Thanks for your valuable assistance,
Ilaa..

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilaa said:
Hello All,

I have done by Masters in business administration from India. Now I want to study in Canada and settle there. A 2 year course will give me 3 yrs of PSWV. So, I want to take any 2 yr course in the field of management. But the consultants here in India say that I will definitely get visa rejection because, I already have my masters. Can any 1 pls help me on this. How can I get a visa for 2 yr course.

Ilaa..
All consultants are full of advise. According to me, follow what you want to do as there are so many example who got their visa even after master degree. I would suggest go for PG certificate course instead of 2 years diploma. Chances are less but it's worth trying then regreting missed oppurtunity in future.

Hope this clears some of you doubts.

Good luck

viking7

Oct 2, 2013
ilaa said:
Hello All,

Ilaa..
one of my friends did mtech,worked for 2 years and then pursued manufacturing management course(2 years course i think) from sheridan college..he had no problems with visa or anyhing..so if you've done mba and have work experience it shouldn't be difficult to get visa

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
i think you should apply for MS or PhD. applying for a program that gives your studies a downward projection (like applying for diploma after graduation) means you have very high chances of getting visa rejected.
find a pogram whose prerequisites is masters (your last degree). it means you will be opting for the next level.
alternatively, you can apply for masters or PG Diploma based upon your bachelors. dnt show the masters degree instead fill that period with job experience and head for another masters.

ilaa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hi Jaymin,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. The PG certificate courses are of 1 yr and ends me with 1 yr of PSWV. This is really a short span to settle down. I want to settle in Canada, is this a best option. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Ilaa.

ilaa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hi Xaviours,

Thanks for the reply !! I too thought the same of not showing my masters. Is that a great idea ?? Will it not create any problem or black mark in the future.

Thanks,
Ilaa

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilaa said:
Hi Jaymin,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. The PG certificate courses are of 1 yr and ends me with 1 yr of PSWV. This is really a short span to settle down. I want to settle in Canada, is this a best option. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Ilaa.
I know that you will get only 1 PGWP but this is right option for you as diploma is downward & I'm sure that you don't want to do again master or PHD which required huge amount of money, strong education background & approximately 7 band in IELTS to get admission.

You absolutely right about not much time to get settle. But you have two option;
1. Pursue your 1 year PG CERTIFICATE in saskatchewan & earn valuable working experience while you study. N can put up your file for PNP during you 1 year PGWP.

2. After finishing you have admit again in 1 year pg course which gives you total of 2 years eduction n 3 years PGWP. Of course you need to extend your study permit but it won't be any problem to do so.

Hope this will helps you .

Ajay christi

Nov 14, 2014
Masters in Engineeing ( Food Engineering) need help

Hi

I have completed my Masters in Food engineering I would also like to take up PG DIPLOMA.. Please suggest what should I go for?? I have searched all the colleges and universities they only offer 1 year pg diploma. what can I do in this case. I think a 2 year course will help me get settled rather than a 1 year. If I should opt a 1 year is there any means I could extend my stay.

please help

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Ilaa i dnt have any idea about it. i dnt know if they could find it out or not. so i cannot say anything. just get it cleared by someone before doing it :). good luck!

ilaa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hi Jaymin and Xaviers,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I will go through the courses details and get back to you.

Thanks a ton,
Ilaa

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Good luck Ilaa
Ajay you are right about 2years course.they are certainly better than one year courses if someone wants to apply for PR. I dnt know about your field..but may be you can apply for another masters or PGDiploma or any certification that somehow relates to your field.