+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLS Help! I was required to leave Canada once. Could I get Permanent Residency?

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
My timeline:

My employer applied for LMO at the same time when I applied for a new work permit. In the meantime (June 2014) the law changed (transition from LMO to LMIA) and my LMIA was annulled (Not refused!). My employed re-applied under the new LMIA rules but my work permit app got refused since there was still no LMIA. I was given 90 days to restore my status. I was hoping that I will get positive LMIA very soon so I applied for a new work permit. My employer still didn't get the answer so my work permit application got refused again. That time I got this in the message from CIC: "You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.".
I left Canada after 7 days and came back in 2 months after I got a positive LMIA. I statred working again and applied for PR through Express Entry after I got ITA. I passed medicals and was asked to upload Schedule A where I answered that YES, my work permit application was refused once and YES, I was ordered to leave Canada once. I also explained everything with much more details (dates, numbers...).

So.. What do you think? I'm really worried about CIC stating: "You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately".

Do I stand a chance for PR? I submitted my EE application 1 month ago?

Thank you for your answers!

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get lmia after this message then it should be fine. The message seems auto generated.

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
ok, but CIC sent me a letter saying that I am a person without legal status in Canada. That's why I am worried.

Any other thoughts?

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
stripes said:
ok, but CIC sent me a letter saying that I am a person without legal status in Canada. That's why I am worried.

Any other thoughts?

If that would create a problem it created at the time when you re-enter after 2 months . You have not been given permission to enter the country by Officials .

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
I was ordered to leave Canada when my restoration of work permit was refused but that letter did not say anything about when can I come back.
After I left I got a positive LMIA, got back to Canada and got a new LMIA based work permit. I don't think that will be a problem.