+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pls advice my question regarding ielts essay word count system

sainimanjeet79

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Hello all
Can any body tell me that while counting the word of essay writing examiner count word like- a, to, the, is , of , for my previous tutor says that they dont count due to that i always write essay which is more than three pages but i have joined new institute the teacher there told me that they count every word instead of .,("

please suggest

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls check this link if it helps :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t42816.0.html

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sainimanjeet79 said:
Hello all
Can any body tell me that while counting the word of essay writing examiner count word like- a, to, the, is , of , for my previous tutor says that they dont count due to that i always write essay which is more than three pages but i have joined new institute the teacher there told me that they count every word instead of .,("

please suggest
Hi,

Yes a, to , the , is , of etc they all are words and they are counted in the total word limit. And if you are well above the limit words then they mark you negatively.

Cheers
Saki

Banglalink

Jun 5, 2010
sainimanjeet79 said:
Your teacher is correct they will count every word. However If you have to write at least 150 word for 1st esay not more than 180 words and less than 140. if write 139 words then 1 mark wills be deducted. If you write 190 words examiner will not count it. similarly for 2nd easy you have to write 250 words.