+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please what is considered a H & C grounds?

SMAD

Oct 24, 2016
Hi I posted this before but I just wanted to know if my case could be treated on compassionate or exceptional circumstance. I got my PR April 2018 and spent just 10 days in Canada and went back to the UK. I returned to Canada in July 2021 and got a job same July 2021. I spent 10 months in Canada and pleaded with my employer I wanted to travel home to the UK for medical reasons/treatments and they agreed to allow me work remotely from our UK office for 1 month. However, I spent 10 months in UK and returned to Canada in April 2023. My question is can I apply for my PR renewal now on H&C grounds? As I'll like to travel to the US for the same medical reasons for treatments. What proof would I need to support the application? I have medical reports.

Thanks all for taking the time to read through.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I posted this before but I just wanted to know if my case could be treated on compassionate or exceptional circumstance. I got my PR April 2018 and spent just 10 days in Canada and went back to the UK. I returned to Canada in July 2021 and got a job same July 2021. I spent 10 months in Canada and pleaded with my employer I wanted to travel home to the UK for medical reasons/treatments and they agreed to allow me work remotely from our UK office for 1 month. However, I spent 10 months in UK and returned to Canada in April 2023. My question is can I apply for my PR renewal now on H&C grounds? As I'll like to travel to the US for the same medical reasons for treatments. What proof would I need to support the application? I have medical reports.

It's hard for any of us to comment without knowing the details of your case. Overall, since you are in Canada, it's better to wait until you meet the residency obligation before yu apply to renew your PR status.

It terms of what evidence you would want to submit if you want to apply for H&C, it would be things like letters from doctors, hospitalization / treatment records, proof the treatment is unavailable in Canada, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok thanks for your advice, it's technically 5 to 6 months left.
Processing of PRTD based on H&C can take a long time to process (1+ years) so you may actually get faster processing if you wait 6 months and apply for PR card renewal based after having met RO.

To add to proof for H&C you’d also likely have to show that this is a serious medical issue or treatment is not available in Canada. You have been able to work throughout your treatment so it’s unclear if the medical reason could be for example a life or death type of situation.

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
My fiance apply pr card renewal application canada in October 16 and lawyer was not fully document sent Web form about border crossings's all information like that
And again resubmitted file January 5 2024 with all documents regarding borders crossed

And show processing status SUBMITTED

PLEASE let us how much time to renewal application please reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My fiance apply pr card renewal application canada in October 16 and lawyer was not fully document sent Web form about border crossings's all information like that
And again resubmitted file January 5 2024 with all documents regarding borders crossed

And show processing status SUBMITTED

PLEASE let us how much time to renewal application please reply
2-3 months from the Jan 5

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are applyed file urgent processing
Than again time 2 to 3 month
It's really impossible for any of us to say for sure

SMAD

Oct 24, 2016
Processing of PRTD based on H&C can take a long time to process (1+ years) so you may actually get faster processing if you wait 6 months and apply for PR card renewal based after having met RO.

To add to proof for H&C you’d also likely have to show that this is a serious medical issue or treatment is not available in Canada. You have been able to work throughout your treatment so it’s unclear if the medical reason could be for example a life or death type of situation.

I just have to wait, I did the online calculation thingy and it indicates I will be due to apply for Citizenship on 1 June 2025. Doesn't this mean I can apply for PR renewal on 2 June 2024 to meet the 730 days? Then if this is the case that means its literarily 3 months.

Medical reason is not a life or death situation, I was however not eligible under the health scheme or what ever its called here in Canada.

Thanks.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I applied for PR renewal in Sept 23 under H&C as my days were short to met RO. Got my Par card today in the mail with a 5 year expiry. So to all those who have not met RO if you have a genuine reason with documents to proove, they look at it compassionately. Don't loose hope.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
The best would be if you complete your RO. However, for h&c you would need to explain why such a long treatment out of Canada was required. They might say why dint you get your treatment in Canada..however if you just want to travel to usa and back use the land route by private car ..dont need a valid pr card for that.. they might access your RO at the border and issue a removal order if they are not satisfied but cannot deny entry and then you can appleal that in court with your reasons and medical records.

hope it helps.. thats what i would do.