+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please suggest

Sy66798

Jul 3, 2018
Hie i want to know if i can go back to uae and can work .Currently i want to seek an asylum in canada and after filling my case,can i go back and work in Uae im from pakistan

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hie i want to know if i can go back to uae and can work .Currently i want to seek an asylum in canada and after filling my case,can i go back and work in Uae im from pakistan
You cannot use your Pakistani passport after filing your case. So I would say no you can’t. Also, asylum is for people who need protection, ensure you have a valid claim first.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
When you claim asylum, they seize your passport. Unless you have a refugee travel document, you won’t be going anywhere except Canada. If you claim asylum and jump on a plane to go somewhere else while your claim is pending (you don’t get to be a refugee right away), it probably won’t look to good for your claim and it will probably be determined you are an economic refugee.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Once you make a claim to Convention refugee status you have rolled the dice as far as international travel is concerned. Leave Canada before the claim is all settled and much of the developed world will hesitate to issue you a visa. Succeed in your claim (you'd have to resolve yourself to remaining here for years - brrrr, cold) and you'll be pretty much okay, if not immediately able to return to your place of birth until you're a citizen. That's a long old stretch of time but you are or were at risk there, so where's the great loss?

You seem like a sophisticated enough guy from the other threads that you're commenting on, and I'm surprised that you're looking at this rather narrow path offered by what looks like a pretty leaky refugee claim. Still, maybe you have a shot if you have the resolve, and the time and the right set of circumstances.

There are unanticipated consequences that failed claimants rarely entertain as they hope for the best, and one of them is that you're stuck here until you get returned to your country of citizenship. Authentic claimants are okay with the trade off generally, of course, because the alternative is cruelty.

In short, if you don't face a real risk then your are really risking your ability to travel to much of the world. Sometimes you just have to try, but don't ever say that you were not cautioned that trying this route can ultimately ground you. It's so ironic.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
T
No you can’t. After seeking asylum in Canada CBSA will seize your Passport until you become a PR.

Even if you get a Canadian Travel Document after your claim accepted you won’t be able to get UAE visa , because it is prohibited to issue a UAE visa on a Canadian travel Document.

Hope that helps.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
T

No you can’t. After seeking asylum in Canada CBSA will seize your Passport until you become a PR.

Even if you get a Canadian Travel Document after your claim accepted you won’t be able to get UAE visa , because it is prohibited to issue a UAE visa on a Canadian travel Document.

Hope that helps.
I agree with this answer.