+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your Landing Interview here!!!!

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Please share your Landing Interview questions, experiences, difficulties here. It will help them who are planning to land in Canada soon. Thanks

Interview

When you arrive in Canada, you will have to go through two screening interviews. If all your documents are available and in order, your interviews should be over quickly:

First interview — official documents

An officer from the CBSA will greet you. The officer will ask to see your visa and travel documents. The officer will also check to make sure that you and any family members travelling with you have the proper travel documents. The officer will inquire about your health and will ask you questions similar to those on the immigrant application form.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

- Are you traveling with your family?
- Have you been convicted of a serious crime in your home country?
- How long do you plan to stay in Canada?
- How much money do you have with you?
- Are you healthy?
- Have you been to Canada before? Were you required to leave?

After you complete your first interview, you will meet with another officer from the CBSA. This officer will check the items you are bringing with you. At some ports of entry, you will work with the same officer twice.

Second interview — personal goods

The second interview is for you to declare what you are bringing with you into Canada.

The officer will ask to see your declaration card. You must tell the officer you have arrived in Canada to immigrate. At this point, the officer may direct you to another area for the customs procedure.

You must give the officer the list of goods you are bringing with you and the list of goods that will be arriving later. The officer will go through both lists with you and may ask questions about some of the goods. The officer may also inspect your luggage.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

- What are you bringing with you to Canada?
- Do you have any live animals or plants with you?
- Do you have any firearms, ammunition or fireworks with you?
- Do you have any meat or dairy products with you?
- Do you have any fresh fruits or vegetables with you?
- Do you have any items from endangered species?

Do not give false answers

You must answer all the questions truthfully. It is a serious offence to make a false statement. If you make a false statement you may not be allowed to stay in Canada. If you are well prepared and you have no items that are not allowed in Canada, the process will go quickly.

If there are no difficulties, the officer will sign your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and authorize your entry into Canada as a permanent resident.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Should I need to bring the reference letter from my latest employer for landing interview?

I am going to leave my current employer. Recently I came back from my home country. I cut my trip short to send passports to embassy. I am supposed to resume in work March 5. I am worried if company is telling that they spent about 5000 usd to buy air tickets for me and my wife and now i want to leave. If they refuse to give reference letter or I leave this company before March 5 without any prior notice. I have company provided return tickets right now. I am thinking to leave before March 5, because if company cancel our return tickets to leave in short notice.

Please advise

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
duckirha said:
Should I need to bring the reference letter from my latest employer for landing interview?

I am going to leave my current employer. Recently I came back from my home country. I cut my trip short to send passports to embassy. I am supposed to resume in work March 5. I am worried if company is telling that they spent about 5000 usd to buy air tickets for me and my wife and now i want to leave. If they refuse to give reference letter or I leave this company before March 5 without any prior notice. I have company provided return tickets right now. I am thinking to leave before March 5, because if company cancel our return tickets to leave in short notice.

Please advise
You don't need your reference letter for landing.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
ibejiopad said:
You don't need your reference letter for landing.
Thank you so much.