+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experiences in maintaining U.S. and Canadian status

lostrocked

Apr 16, 2021
Employers have to worry about your Visa and you have to worry about your status. If you worry about 180 days you move ur H1B to a US City near Canadian border and do daily up and down. Detroit/Windsor or Surrey/Bellingham - hotspots(West being super duper f******** expensive).

wink

May 25, 2021
Oh ok. Good to know. How often did you travel to the US ? Was your employer supportive of this ?
During the first year I used to travel monthly once and stay for a week. The following year, travelled only once in two/three months. Did not travel for two years during the Covid period. Nowadays, even if I want to be in the office for few days, other team members who live locally are not to be seen in the office... so I stopped going unless they ask me to come down. Yeah, they are okay with that... But yeah, it depends on ones situation.

Jun 12, 2023
During the first year I used to travel monthly once and stay for a week. The following year, travelled only once in two/three months. Did not travel for two years during the Covid period. Nowadays, even if I want to be in the office for few days, other team members who live locally are not to be seen in the office... so I stopped going unless they ask me to come down. Yeah, they are okay with that... But yeah, it depends on ones situation.
Thanks for your response.
Did you drive or fly ? Did the CBP ask you any questions about your residency ?

Almostsummer

Apr 1, 2019
Hello, does H1B remain valid if you don't come to US or do you have to do something to maintain it? Also, what work location and residential address do you use for your H1B LCA?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello, does H1B remain valid if you don't come to US or do you have to do something to maintain it? Also, what work location and residential address do you use for your H1B LCA?
Your H1B is valid as long the details on the petition is still valid (dates, employment, etc...)...
Work location should be your US office location AFAIK... As for residential address, I used my friend's house address (US).
I am not sure what the daily commuters do for the residential address...

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

Almostsummer

Apr 1, 2019
Your H1B is valid as long the details on the petition is still valid (dates, employment, etc...)...
Work location should be your US office location AFAIK... As for residential address, I used my friend's house address (US).
got it, thanks!

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Usually friends address !

Almostsummer

Apr 1, 2019
Hi, does your company have business or offices in Canada?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi, does your company have business or offices in Canada?
When submitted my citizenship application, my company did not have any office in Canada... but last year my company acquired by another company which has a office in Canada now... but my project is still based out of US office...