+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

Archers11

Nov 8, 2019
Thanks for the reply mate I kno it turns my stomach when I look back at my record what an idiot I was
I just wasnt sure if there was a rule of the thumb say you have a certain amount of convictions which means you are barred from entering canada end of conversion you know?

Criminalman

Mar 22, 2019
Hey all. Just got approved today. I applied may 1st 2019. Only thing i received after submitting my application was an acknowledgement that they received my app. Otherwise nothing till today when i checked my email.

Reactions: StellaArtois

yondibeom

Feb 9, 2018
Hey all. Just got approved today. I applied may 1st 2019. Only thing i received after submitting my application was an acknowledgement that they received my app. Otherwise nothing till today when i checked my email.
Contratulations!!!!
What is your VO?

Prex29

Mar 20, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Happy new year!
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about your PR application after CR has been approved? Mine has been approved since October 2019 and my PR is till on background check, security yet to commence.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

lalakin

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone, just want to ask if the 5 years requirement is a must for applying for CR? My husband involved in a traffic accident and was convicted of dangerous driving. The penalty was a fine of around C$400 and 6 months driving probation, the probation ends on 31 Mar 2018. Can he apply for CR now?

Criminalman

Mar 22, 2019
Hi everyone, just want to ask if the 5 years requirement is a must for applying for CR? My husband involved in a traffic accident and was convicted of dangerous driving. The penalty was a fine of around C$400 and 6 months driving probation, the probation ends on 31 Mar 2018. Can he apply for CR now?
No. You have to wait 5 years after his probation ends. So something like march 31 2023

kkhopeful

Jan 19, 2020
Hi folks. Longtime lurker; finally made an account to chime in. I've found this forum useful so I thought others may also benefit from reading about our experience. I'm Canadian and my husband is American, we've been married almost 2 years and the entirety of our relationship has required me to travel to the US to visit him since he can't cross the border. We would very much like to live in Canada but he will need to be granted rehabilitation first.

Hubby has 3 convictions on his record: 1 DUI and 1 shoplifting charge both from the same evening in 2012, then another in 2013 for driving with a suspended licence from the aforementioned DUI.

Before he was eligible for rehabilitation (5 years hadn't passed), he applied for a TRP hoping to visit my family in Ontario. It was denied after 5 months of processing. That was a hard blow. We then submitted an Access to Information request to learn why it was denied, which took another 2 months to come back. :rolleyes: The officer basically said that there was no compelling reason that my husband needed to visit Canada, such as a family emergency, so we had to wait and go through the rehab process.

He finally became eligible for rehabilitation last summer and submitted his application to the NY office in August 2019 with the help of a lawyer. Our case is "fingerscrossed" on this helpful tracker that I found on this forum.

Anyway it's been 5 months and we haven't heard anything yet, but we are hopeful that immigration will see that he's grown up and turned his life around.

This whole experience has been a roller coaster. At times it's been disheartening, even devastating. It's been an exercise in patience. I don't know anyone else IRL who has gone through this process so I'm glad you folks are here. Good luck to all of you.

Reactions: Jen1984