Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Added my case to:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cr-criminal-rehabilitation-tracker

Sent application via certified mail to New York Consulate and it was received this morning. Will update with any news. 1 offense, Felony Theft, that would be classified as Serious Criminality under Canadian Law, dating back to September 2010.

Does anyone know average processing times for New York office?
Good luck mate!

I think with the New York processing time is quite long, in range of 8-14 months. That's based on what i've read on forums.

Archers11

Nov 8, 2019
Why do you say if its serious you should hire a representative? I have a serious case and believe I have ticked all boxes and filled the criteria. The fee is already $1000 for a serious case, surely they will accept the application if you've given them everything they've asked.
If you dont mind me asking what was your conviction?

TC15

Nov 24, 2019
For anyone looking up about the London office. I sent my application in on the 17th October and received my approval letter on the 16th December. The office had requested I send in the application so I'm not sure if that effected the processing times at all. Hope this helps.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
For anyone looking up about the London office. I sent my application in on the 17th October and received my approval letter on the 16th December. The office had requested I send in the application so I'm not sure if that effected the processing times at all. Hope this helps.
Congratulations! That's really quick for london. What was your conviction?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

TC15

Nov 24, 2019
Yeah I thought it was pretty quick but I'm not going to complain! It was a dui from 8 years ago. Pulled over morning after situation nothing including property damage or injury etc. I'll add it on sure.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Yeah I thought it was pretty quick but I'm not going to complain! It was a dui from 8 years ago. Pulled over morning after situation nothing including property damage or injury etc. I'll add it on sure.
That's really good! It is very encouraging for all London VO applicants.

I would really appreciate if you can add it! It would be super helpful for future applicants. :)

Thanks

JDBCA

Dec 13, 2019
Good luck mate!

I think with the New York processing time is quite long, in range of 8-14 months. That's based on what i've read on forums.
Received processing email today, exactly one week after my USPS tracking said it was delivered. Quote from email:

This refers to your application for a Criminal Rehabilitation, received on 13 December 2019.

Your file number is listed above.
Your application has been placed in our processing queue.

Our office is currently processing Temporary Resident Permit and Rehabilitation applications in
an average of six (6) to twelve (12) months. These are, however, complex cases and there are
no guaranteed processing times.

I updated the https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cr-criminal-rehabilitation-tracker tracker.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Received processing email today, exactly one week after my USPS tracking said it was delivered. Quote from email:

This refers to your application for a Criminal Rehabilitation, received on 13 December 2019.

Your file number is listed above.
Your application has been placed in our processing queue.

Our office is currently processing Temporary Resident Permit and Rehabilitation applications in
an average of six (6) to twelve (12) months. These are, however, complex cases and there are
no guaranteed processing times.

I updated the https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cr-criminal-rehabilitation-tracker tracker.
Good luck and thanks for adding the case, lets hope you hear soon! All the best

RobertCand

Dec 25, 2019
Hello I'm posting this here hoping to find a verity of answers if possible. I did posted a thread but I was wondering if anyone have experience with a similar case

A little background story
Recently in my community [I'm in Montreal, Quebec] there is a man known as a sex offender from the United States. He is not a US citizen, however he came to the US from Cuba and was given permanent residence due to the policy of wet feet, dry feet. We are talking here during the 90s. In 1998 this man committed a sexual abuse crime with a minor and was found guilty and convicted [I don't know how many years]. In the yaer 2016 he became Absconded from the police in his state until 2018 when he crossed the border I suspect Roxham Road and is here in Montreal until now. When we found out we alerted CBSA and the police and they know he's here but I don't think they'll do anything about it.

My question is will this man get to stay?
is he admissible due to his charge and conviction happened in 1998?
Will he not get told to return to the US because of him being Cuban and the fact he's not a US citizen - so it's no longer the US problem?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hello I'm posting this here hoping to find a verity of answers if possible. I did posted a thread but I was wondering if anyone have experience with a similar case

A little background story
Recently in my community [I'm in Montreal, Quebec] there is a man known as a sex offender from the United States. He is not a US citizen, however he came to the US from Cuba and was given permanent residence due to the policy of wet feet, dry feet. We are talking here during the 90s. In 1998 this man committed a sexual abuse crime with a minor and was found guilty and convicted [I don't know how many years]. In the yaer 2016 he became Absconded from the police in his state until 2018 when he crossed the border I suspect Roxham Road and is here in Montreal until now. When we found out we alerted CBSA and the police and they know he's here but I don't think they'll do anything about it.

My question is will this man get to stay?
is he admissible due to his charge and conviction happened in 1998?
Will he not get told to return to the US because of him being Cuban and the fact he's not a US citizen - so it's no longer the US problem?
I think no one in the forum will be able to respond to that question with any certainty.

dsmhawk

Dec 29, 2019
Hello, I have a dui from March 2013, probation ended October 2014. Applied for criminal rehabilitation in mid November 2019. In early December one of my character references told me he was contacted, which shocked me, my lawyer told me the likelihood of that was very small. It makes me think they don’t like something about my application. I currently have TRP that’s approved me through April of 2020. Should I think it’d a good thing they called a reference? (Means they are working on it??) I’m super nervous.
Haven’t heard a work from the New York consulate other than acknowledgement of application. Someone here make me feel better :)

Archers11

Nov 8, 2019
Hi really quick one sorry if I sounds stupid but am I wasting my time thinking theres a chance I could immigrate with 4 convictions 2 drug charges 1 in possesion of an offensive weapon (I was a carpet fitter I had my stanley knife in my car) and 1 theft! It's been 10 years since any of the offenses but the fact there are 4 convictions and I also have a couple of cautions under my belt does this make me unable to ever enter Canada let alone apply to be deemed rehabilitated?

Archers11

Nov 8, 2019
It could also save me some £ going to a consultation:)
Hi really quick one sorry if I sounds stupid but am I wasting my time thinking theres a chance I could immigrate with 4 convictions 2 drug charges 1 in possesion of an offensive weapon (I was a carpet fitter I had my stanley knife in my car) and 1 theft! It's been 10 years since any of the offenses but the fact there are 4 convictions and I also have a couple of cautions under my belt does this make me unable to ever enter Canada let alone apply to be deemed rehabilitated?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
As per my understanding, there is always a chance, talk to a lawyer. :) but you've got a rich history mate.