+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi All,

Is there anyone recently applied for criminal rehabilitation in 2017 or late 2016? I know there is very less information on criminal rehab information such as processing time, success rate. I thought if we can use this thread to share our experience and help each other. My application has been received on 05/18/2017 by Los Angeles, Consulate office and i am not sure how long they will take to process my application. I am doing this process because i want to immigrate to Canada and i am not sure if i can apply for immigration without criminal rehab application get approved. Please share any kind of knowledge or information or experience about criminal rehabilitation.

I hope to see lot of response to this post.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply for immigration. However CIC won't fully process or approve your application until the rehabilitation application is approved. Rehab can take anywhere from a few weeks to over a years. Processing times are very individual and it's impossible for any of us to guess how long yours will take.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
You can apply for immigration. However CIC won't fully process or approve your application until the rehabilitation application is approved. Rehab can take anywhere from a few weeks to over a years. Processing times are very individual and it's impossible for any of us to guess how long yours will take.
Thank you for your reply. My receipt notice says "Current processing time take 12-18 months from the date of receipt". Currently i have enough points to qualify for Express entry since i have PhD and have good IELTS score but this is the only thing is holding me up. Not sure if i should apply right now or wait till my application get approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would wait until your rehab application is approved before you apply for EE.

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Hi All,

Is there anyone recently applied for criminal rehabilitation in 2017 or late 2016? I know there is very less information on criminal rehab information such as processing time, success rate. I thought if we can use this thread to share our experience and help each other. My application has been received on 05/18/2017 by Los Angeles, Consulate office and i am not sure how long they will take to process my application. I am doing this process because i want to immigrate to Canada and i am not sure if i can apply for immigration without criminal rehab application get approved. Please share any kind of knowledge or information or experience about criminal rehabilitation.

I hope to see lot of response to this post.

Thanks
Hi there. I agree that there is very little information available first-hand from people who have applied. While browsing through google landed on your query. I applied for Rehab back in second week of January 2017 and on 24th January I submitted on online PR application. So answering your question you can apply for both at the same time. Just add a letter of explantion on your PR application explaining that you have also submitted a rehabilitation application for whatever you were convicted or charged of. Your PR NOT get rejected based on your inadmissility. However, do expect your PR processing time to increase. Hope this helps :) good luck!

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi there. I agree that there is very little information available first-hand from people who have applied. While browsing through google landed on your query. I applied for Rehab back in second week of January 2017 and on 24th January I submitted on online PR application. So answering your question you can apply for both at the same time. Just add a letter of explantion on your PR application explaining that you have also submitted a rehabilitation application for whatever you were convicted or charged of. Your PR NOT get rejected based on your inadmissility. However, do expect your PR processing time to increase. Hope this helps :) good luck!
Thank you for your response. I have careless driving on my record. My criminal rehab application was received on May 18th. I am also planning to apply for PR soon by the end of August. Keep us posted on your case. Good luck with your both application.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi, Please keep me posted how does your both application go? My criminal rehab application was received by Los Angeles office on May 18th 2017. I hope it will be adjudicated soon. I will also keep you posted if i hear anything sooner. Good luck to you too.

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Hi, Please keep me posted how does your both application go? My criminal rehab application was received by Los Angeles office on May 18th 2017. I hope it will be adjudicated soon. I will also keep you posted if i hear anything sooner. Good luck to you too.
Sure thing! Both my applications are being processed by Vienna VO. I ordered my GCMS notes on PR application and seems like elibility has passed and background is being processed. My PR would only move forward upon approval of the rehab application. Either way I'll keep you posted. Did you also submit your PR?

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Thank you for your response. I have careless driving on my record. My criminal rehab application was received on May 18th. I am also planning to apply for PR soon by the end of August. Keep us posted on your case. Good luck with your both application.
Thanks man! Good luck with collecting your all necessary docs for the PR. Hope we both get through, uptil now I can only say have a mountain of patience and some more when that runs out :D rehabilitation really slows things.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Sure thing! Both my applications are being processed by Vienna VO. I ordered my GCMS notes on PR application and seems like elibility has passed and background is being processed. My PR would only move forward upon approval of the rehab application. Either way I'll keep you posted. Did you also submit your PR?
This process is damn slow. It's been more than 5 months and I haven't heard anything on my case :(

Reactions: nr16

Tine2015

Oct 31, 2017
I applied rehab and PR last July2015 until now still waiting... the last time I heard from CIC is a request for repeat medical (because we did upfront medical), updated police clearance and RPRF last May 2017 until now havent heard from them again

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I applied rehab and PR last July2015 until now still waiting... the last time I heard from CIC is a request for repeat medical (because we did upfront medical), updated police clearance and RPRF last May 2017 until now havent heard from them again
Did you apply from USA or other country? It won't make any difference but I am just curious. I haven't Hearn anything either on my rehab application :(

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Did you apply from USA or other country? It won't make any difference but I am just curious. I haven't Hearn anything either on my rehab application :(
i think it does definitely make a difference which VO is processing your rehabilitation and PR application. Usually both applications are forwarded to the same VO.
In my case, I got the letter from VO Vienna yesterday on the 10th of January and after almost one year of waiting my rehabilitation application is finally approved!
good luck you guys! im keeping my fingers crossed for you all in a similar situation out there.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
i think it does definitely make a difference which VO is processing your rehabilitation and PR application. Usually both applications are forwarded to the same VO.
In my case, I got the letter from VO Vienna yesterday on the 10th of January and after almost one year of waiting my rehabilitation application is finally approved!
good luck you guys! im keeping my fingers crossed for you all in a similar situation out there.
Great News Man!! I am very happy for you. Did your PR also get approved along with rehab application?

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Great News Man!! I am very happy for you. Did your PR also get approved along with rehab application?
lol how wonderful would that be :D
not yet. however, CIC contacted me today regarding my PR application. Theyve asked me to pay the RPRF fee.

As of yet, due to the processing of my rehab application my PR application was stuck since March 17 on the background processing step and duely so. CIC doesn't start doing security checks unless your backgrond aka mainly rehab application in this case is approved.