+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please respond, itz urgent

ameliasriram

Oct 10, 2008
Hi,

It would be very difficult for me to get a letter from the company as I had left the company without notice and they had sent me a termination letter.

Are you sure that CIC would not call up or visit the company regarding my training and work experience? because am certainly sure that they would call and enquire as they have done in one of my friend's case.

It would not be a problem if they would call my present employer, but how could I be sure. Does anybody in this board know about it? Please reply.

alche

Oct 13, 2008
I don't think they call (they did not call any of the references I provided). You will, however, need to provide legitimate information about them like letters from your managers etc.

In short, you cannot just say "I worked at this company from this date to that date as a this", you need to prove it.

Good luck

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
hi alche, how can u prove?
my employer wrote a letter i was working there but i cant obtain my salary slips as they are not with me.
i dnt know where i kept them.
yeah, if they fone my employer, then he will say i worked for them.

alche

Oct 13, 2008
For a past employer, I provided a letter from my supervisor and her business card. I think this is a good enough proof if it is from a big corporation or known institution as it is hard(er) to spoof it. They never called her...

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I provided the letter from employer, since then my job changes but I am still in the same company. They never call my employer to verify - In order to verify my job history, they asked the Tax Returns (US w2) to ensure I work there what I claim.

Hope this help...