+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please reply

hassanz

Mar 27, 2009
Hi,

I have two questions:

1) I want to apply for my parents' family visa in canada. My parents are living on and off in Malaysia (total 7 months) in last one year. But they had continuous 6 months+ 6months = 12 months visit visa for that. They will have another extension for 6 months now. Can they apply as "country of residence" in Malaysia?

2) I just moved to canada. I am going to setup a business in Canada, but I do not have fixed Salary yet. I have good amount of deposit >100 K in Bank. Do you think the sponsership application will be successful?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Sanz

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Personally I wouldnt call their Country of Residence Malaysia, not unless they have been given the right to live there permanently or have the right to live and work as a Citizen does..

I do now that there is an income requirement for sponsoring parents and other members of your family as you are required to be responsible for them for 10 years..I am not 100% sure what the requirements are..although showing you have savings is a good start

I

iarblue

You need to have an income,you will need to support it with tax statements,they are only considered to have residence in Malaysia if they have been legally permitted to stay or hold valid status for one or more years,so no they can not apply from there as they only have a stay of 6 months and its only as visitors.
One other thing what do you mean you just moved to Canada?