Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
will check that post from bobshynoswife about how to prove that my relationship is genuine.

I have one question: can I avoid getting the application process done in Bogotá by sending my "outland" completed applications forms to my brother in Canada and get him to mail it for me from there?

If I send it directly from Ecuador it will go to Bogotá, but if the "outland" application forms are sent from within Canada then it could be sent to directly to Mississauga?

I will wait for your response Canadianwoman

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Carlo, when you are applying outland your entire application is sent to Mississauga to approve you as the sponsor. After that is done (it takes about 6 weeks) the whole application is then sent to the regional office, in your case Bogota.

Each regional office follows the same procedure, but the length depends on factors such as staffing, number of applications, complexity of background checks in that particular country. Time can be added if your spouse has lived in more than one country so additional backgrounds checks must be done.

There is no way around it, no way to avoid the queue and go straight to the head of the line. Even if you lived in Canada and your spouse lived in Ecuador, it would be the same process.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Carlo said:
I have one question: can I avoid getting the application process done in Bogotá by sending my "outland" completed applications forms to my brother in Canada and get him to mail it for me from there?

If I send it directly from Ecuador it will go to Bogotá, but if the "outland" application forms are sent from within Canada then it could be sent to directly to Mississauga?
It doesn't matter where you send it from. An 'outland' application must be sent to Mississauga. If you send it from Ecuador, or your brother sends it from somewhere in Canada, it goes to Mississauga. Then the people working in the precessing centre in Mississauga send it to the visa post in Bogota.
You can't avoid it.