+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please im ineed of help

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
It is an awful idea to try to cross the border illegally. You will be returned to the US. The border is currently closed. You will just get more flags on your file.
I am not saying I would do it but if its my last option I would be thinking about it, i just want a way to go back even if its temporary, my hopes for the family sponsorship is low but still going through with it , i should have a lawyer but I'm litterally homeless and can't afford a lawyer , I was suppose to start work soon but they didn't want me because I do not have a stable ride, I keep applying to jobs but nothing is working because of my situation. So my only source of getting my questions answered is through here. People get mad at me because I keep asking but they don't know that I'm helpless and desperate , I just want a way to go to my family either its illegal or legal or temporary or anything , im just desperate to go back

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not saying I would do it but if its my last option I would be thinking about it, i just want a way to go back even if its temporary, my hopes for the family sponsorship is low but still going through with it , i should have a lawyer but I'm litterally homeless and can't afford a lawyer , I was suppose to start work soon but they didn't want me because I do not have a stable ride, I keep applying to jobs but nothing is working because of my situation. So my only source of getting my questions answered is through here. People get mad at me because I keep asking but they don't know that I'm helpless and desperate , I just want a way to go to my family either its illegal or legal or temporary or anything , im just desperate to go back
I am telling you that if you are caught you will be deported. Rules have recently changed.

Look at attending school, getting your citizenship, getting a job, etc. if you want to guarantee that you’ll be able to return to Canada.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I was suppose to start work soon but they didn't want me because I do not have a stable ride.
Sorry but that's not an excuse. There are social programs for the homeless and immigrants in every US city that can help you with housing and job placement. You had a job lined up; you should have made every effort to get to it. If you can't get someone to give you a ride, then you should be taking mass transportation, even if you have to wake up early because you would need to take three buses.

People get mad at me because I keep asking but they don't know that I'm helpless and desperate, I just want a way to go to my family either its illegal or legal or temporary or anything , im just desperate to go back
We all sympathize with your situation, but we are not here to help you to get back illegally or to commit marriage fraud.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about if I would marry a canadian citizen would that make a difference ?
No, it won't help. Your spouse would have to sponsor you for PR which will likely take longer than a year due to the failed refugee claim and the fact you require an ARC. You will not be able to enter Canada while the application is being processed so you would still be looking at a year plus in the U.S.

Also, it sounds like you're asking about committing marriage fraud which is a crime.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You have a green card in the U.S, why are you so desperate to come to Canada?

You'll never be accepted as a refugee because you already have a legal status in another stable country.

Just continue living and working in the U.S, until you can renew your status or apply for citizenship or until your sponsorship comes through in Canada.

I know it's not ideal to be away from your family, but your desperation to come to Canada is enabling you to make significant mistakes which will make your life even harder in pursuit of a permanent status in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Then what would be left of an option after being denied for sponsorship?
Your mother sponsoring you should not be denied as long as she submits the application before you turn 22 and as long as she is not on social assistance / welfare. It will just take a while to process and you'll need to remain in the U.S. while application processing is completed.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I am telling you that if you are caught you will be deported. Rules have recently changed.

Look at attending school, getting your citizenship, getting a job, etc. if you want to guarantee that you’ll be able to return to Canada.
I am slowly picking myself up, its not easy when im at 0 and have no help at all. But i am not giving up i am still trying, and i will attend school after getting a job, if I attend school would that help me move to canada as a student or something similar ,and the thing is with my citizenship is that I have a misdemeanor for theft which resulted in court supervision ( so its not a conviction ) but its still an arrest, so i am in the process of applying for expungment for my record just waiting for the court houses to open, and then I would be able to apply for citizen because I fear my arrest might get in the way if I apply now.when my case expungment approves and I send a copy to canadian goverment would that help my sponsorship case ?

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Your mother sponsoring you should not be denied as long as she submits the application before you turn 22 and as long as she is not on social assistance / welfare. It will just take a while to process and you'll need to remain in the U.S. while application processing is completed.
My mother used to have social assistance 2-3 years ago, now she makes roughly 42,000-50,000 a year, is that enough . My lawyer is waiting for a paper then he's going to mail it fast express this week or by next monday, i turn 22 August 1 . Is that a problem or it should be good ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mother used to have social assistance 2-3 years ago, now she makes roughly 42,000-50,000 a year, is that enough . My lawyer is waiting for a paper then he's going to mail it fast express this week or by next monday, i turn 22 August 1 . Is that a problem or it should be good ??
Yes - that income is enough.

Yes - as long as the application is received before you turn 22 then you will be good.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Yes - that income is enough.

Yes - as long as the application is received before you turn 22 then you will be good.
Ok thats good to know , and just wanted to let you know I appreciate u always taking time and answering me even if its frustrating !

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hello everybody hopefully you guys are having a good day ! Just a quick little update on my life, thank God I've found me an an apartment with other roommates and I've been working at this new job for almost 2 weeks now so things are looking little better than before for the living part. my lawyer sent my paperwork through the mail on Monday and the tracking shows that it was sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia on Wednesday, so now what happens next , do they usually send email that they received the application ? Or how does the process go from now ? And is the application was sent to the right place ? Is the immigration in nova Scotia? Thanks for whoever has the time to help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody hopefully you guys are having a good day ! Just a quick little update on my life, thank God I've found me an an apartment with other roommates and I've been working at this new job for almost 2 weeks now so things are looking little better than before for the living part. my lawyer sent my paperwork through the mail on Monday and the tracking shows that it was sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia on Wednesday, so now what happens next , do they usually send email that they received the application ? Or how does the process go from now ? And is the application was sent to the right place ? Is the immigration in nova Scotia? Thanks for whoever has the time to help!
It will take 2-3 months before IRCC sends an email to confirm the application has been received. You won't hear anything until then.