File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And is there a chance my application could be refused from my side ? I'm getting my misdemeanor expunged and it should erase from my record in less than 5 months and is the refugee claim denial would get in the way of the sponsorship ?
Yes - it's possible your criminal history could be a problem and result in refusal.

Expungement generally does not remove the criminal issue from your record for immigration purposes. If your criminal issue makes you inadmissible to Canada, this will result in a refusal of your application.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Yes - it's possible your criminal history could be a problem and result in refusal.

Expungement generally does not remove the criminal issue from your record for immigration purposes. If your criminal issue makes you inadmissible to Canada, this will result in a refusal of your application.

What would my options be after If I get denied for sponsorship ? Can I qpply for humanitarian or something else ??

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
What would my options be after If I get denied for sponsorship ? Can I qpply for humanitarian or something else ??
If you get denied for sponsorship, I don't think you have any other option but to apply for immigration like everyone else. As everyone else has already said in this post and your previous post, once you turn 22, your mother can't sponsor you anymore, and you can't apply for H&C if you are outside of Canada, which you can't do without getting an ARC, which you would also need to apply for. So as @scylla has already said, your mother needs to apply for your sponsorship ASAP, with or without the lawyer's help.

Reactions: scylla

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
If i get denied for sponsorship, if im able to sneak into canada without presenting myself to agency then claiming humanitarian inside canada would that work ? My green card will expire in 2022 and im a Syrian national and with my misdemeanor its gonna get in the way even if I expunge it so theres a high chance of me being deported back to syria and its a war zone there our village been destroyed

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Even with an expired green card, you would still have PR status in the US until a court revokes it. I don't believe a single petty theft misdemeanor is a deportable offense so you probably won't get deported over that; if it was, you would have been deported already. Without the ARC, you would just get deported back to the US if you try to sneak into Canada because you would still have PR status with the US, and potentially hurt your chances of successfully receiving an ARC later on. Worst case scenario is that being deported again back to the US would trigger the revocation of your US PR status, and the US would then deport back to Syria.

As others have said before, it would be best to try to establish yourself in the US while the sponsorship application is being processed. Even if you were to get denied, wouldn't it be better to be in the US than to go back to Syria? There are lots of social and job placement programs for immigrants and the homeless that you can apply for in the US. It's time that you develop a realistic "Plan B" to fall back on if your sponsorship is denied instead of trying to find loopholes and game the system; you already have legal status in the US, so if I were you, that is something I would seriously try to use and appreciate.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I wouldn’t wait for 2-3 weeks before your birthday. You need to apply sooner than later. Sneaking into Canada, particularly if you are inadmissible for criminality, won’t do you much good.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
i understand where you guys are coming from and I appreciate the feedback and the help , I am trying to do something for myself, I am starting work and everything, but my mother been the only person in the world that's been thre for me ever since my dad walked out on us on young age we always been through struggle and now that shes sick and no one is promised tomorrow, maybe you wouldn't understand my point of view , but that's why im trying everything and I am looking at other ways even if its not legal (which I don't want to do but if its my last option then idk what I would do ).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i understand where you guys are coming from and I appreciate the feedback and the help , I am trying to do something for myself, I am starting work and everything, but my mother been the only person in the world that's been thre for me ever since my dad walked out on us on young age we always been through struggle and now that shes sick and no one is promised tomorrow, maybe you wouldn't understand my point of view , but that's why im trying everything and I am looking at other ways even if its not legal (which I don't want to do but if its my last option then idk what I would do ).
At this point you have to do thing legally if you want a future in Canada. This means having your mother sponsor you for PR and waiting in the U.S. for the result of the application to be processed.

If you try something illegal, you'll be removed (i.e. deported) from Canada and may end up having no way to return. This deportation may happen as soon as you enter Canada and you may never get an opportunity to see your mother before being removed.

That's where things stand.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
At this point you have to do thing legally if you want a future in Canada. This means having your mother sponsor you for PR and waiting in the U.S. for the result of the application to be processed.

If you try something illegal, you'll be removed (i.e. deported) from Canada and may end up having no way to return. This deportation may happen as soon as you enter Canada and you may never get an opportunity to see your mother before being removed.

That's where things stand.
Hello , I understand that I have to be here for at least 1 year and im working on myself and getting better , I was reading on the web and came across this site where it says " you can apply for humanitarian compassionate after 1 year of ur case being rejected " , so i looked up when was the date that they gave a decision and its November 6,2019 . So can I go to the border and apply for humanitarian to get in or how does that work . I am elgible for humanitarian because I have no one here and all my famy is in canada but i was just trying to see since my 1 year period since the claim was denied im I able to try crossing the border say by end of November??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello , I understand that I have to be here for at least 1 year and im working on myself and getting better , I was reading on the web and came across this site where it says " you can apply for humanitarian compassionate after 1 year of ur case being rejected " , so i looked up when was the date that they gave a decision and its November 6,2019 . So can I go to the border and apply for humanitarian to get in or how does that work . I am elgible for humanitarian because I have no one here and all my famy is in canada but i was just trying to see since my 1 year period since the claim was denied im I able to try crossing the border say by end of November??
No - you cannot apply for humanitarian consideration at the border. You would need to be inside of Canada to apply under humanitarian. However you cannot enter Canada due to your failed refugee claim (you need an approved ARC to enter Canada).

Again, it's really important that your mother submit the application to sponsor you. Realistically this is the only option I think you have available for returning to Canada anytime soon. You need to focus on this.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
No - you cannot apply for humanitarian consideration at the border. You would need to be inside of Canada to apply under humanitarian. However you cannot enter Canada due to your failed refugee claim (you need an approved ARC to enter Canada).

Again, it's really important that your mother submit the application to sponsor you. Realistically this is the only option I think you have available for returning to Canada anytime soon. You need to focus on this.
I'm already in the process of family sponsorship. But I am afraid I will be denied, so I am looking for other options. I'm not saying that I will cross illegally but in case I get denied for family sponsorship and I cross illegally into canada before my green card expires on 2020 , im I able to apply for humanitarian from inside Canada if I cross illegally?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I and lived in the US and Canada and the US is a lot better for those without legal status especially in 'sanctuary cities'. In Canada, without legal status, you are unable to do anything.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I and lived in the US and Canada and the US is a lot better for those without legal status especially in 'sanctuary cities'. In Canada, without legal status, you are unable to do anything.
I have my family in canada thats why I'm trying to go there even if its illegal , I understand the states is better but not for me when im away from my family

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm already in the process of family sponsorship. But I am afraid I will be denied, so I am looking for other options. I'm not saying that I will cross illegally but in case I get denied for family sponsorship and I cross illegally into canada before my green card expires on 2020 , im I able to apply for humanitarian from inside Canada if I cross illegally?
It is an awful idea to try to cross the border illegally. You will be returned to the US. The border is currently closed. You will just get more flags on your file.