+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please im ineed of help

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
And no way of getting approved for a short 1 week temprary entry of any kind just to see my mother and my family ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And no way of getting approved for a short 1 week temprary entry of any kind just to see my mother and my family ?
You're inadmissible to Canada.

So the only option would be a TRP (temporary resident permit).

You would need to apply online. This isn't something you can get at the border right now.

Chances of approval are likely low. But you can certainly try.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
How about if i wait after the crisis of covid stops and the borders open, would i be able to go and do it in person at the border or it only has to be done online? And would I require an arc to be able to apply or not ?

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hello, hopefully everyone is doing good and being safe! I was reading more into temporary resident permit for my situation, and I've read that I should apply online. But I was wondering wouldnt it be better, I know how to talk to people and maybe they would feel my pain about needing to see my family in person rather than seeing it in texts ? if I would try applying in person at a port of entry like ( Detroit port of entry or Niagara-buffallo ) or should I just apply online ? And would a deported person be eligible for a trp ? The date when I was denied for refugee was in October 2019 and it says there's 1 year bar and its almost near it so I'm eligible on that part but what about the deportation and other parts ? Thank you for whoever reading this and helping !

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
And when I was denied my refugee claim, I did not appeal or anything. I waited for the mail ( and I overstayed by doing that because I did not know I had 30 days ) so ended up getting letter by immigration and went some to them and they told me my departure order turned into deportation because I overstayed.. which I did not do on purpose I had no idea because I was misinformed and had no lawyer ( which I know its my fault im stupid ). But i just wanna see if the trp is an option fr me to go in and at least see my family for a week or 2, I dont need to stay there for now as long as I can see them

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, hopefully everyone is doing good and being safe! I was reading more into temporary resident permit for my situation, and I've read that I should apply online. But I was wondering wouldnt it be better, I know how to talk to people and maybe they would feel my pain about needing to see my family in person rather than seeing it in texts ? if I would try applying in person at a port of entry like ( Detroit port of entry or Niagara-buffallo ) or should I just apply online ? And would a deported person be eligible for a trp ? The date when I was denied for refugee was in October 2019 and it says there's 1 year bar and its almost near it so I'm eligible on that part but what about the deportation and other parts ? Thank you for whoever reading this and helping !
You have to apply online. Applications are not being accepted at the border at this time due to COVID-19.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Border officers are not often swayed by stories of inadmissable people who have been deported. If you want yo see your mother she should apply for a visa to enter the US to visit you aftet covid.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Border officers are not often swayed by stories of inadmissable people who have been deported. If you want yo see your mother she should apply for a visa to enter the US to visit you aftet covid.

Its not only my mom I want to see my whole family. I want to see everybody for a week or 2.
I read an article and it said

" The processing times for TRPs depends on the method of submission of the application. Applications submitted at the port of entry are determined on the spot, and therefore typically take under an hour. On the other hand, applications submitted to Immigration Canada at the Consulate may take up to twelve months to return a decision. One might then ask, if the fee is the same, and processing times are shorter at the port of entry "

I'm determined to go in and if that might be a slight chance for me i want to take it but I just want to know if I wait for this covid situation to pass and the borders to open up and I prepare my application for trp and book a 2 way ticket from Chicago to Hamilton and back and a note from my work that I have a week or 2 off till I'm back to work and go to the border would I have a chance or im I not eligible to apply for a trp?

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Please if someone can answer my earlier question.. and if I apply online would I take a long time or even 1 year ? Or should I wait for borders to re open and go in person ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Its not only my mom I want to see my whole family. I want to see everybody for a week or 2.
I read an article and it said

" The processing times for TRPs depends on the method of submission of the application. Applications submitted at the port of entry are determined on the spot, and therefore typically take under an hour. On the other hand, applications submitted to Immigration Canada at the Consulate may take up to twelve months to return a decision. One might then ask, if the fee is the same, and processing times are shorter at the port of entry "

I'm determined to go in and if that might be a slight chance for me i want to take it but I just want to know if I wait for this covid situation to pass and the borders to open up and I prepare my application for trp and book a 2 way ticket from Chicago to Hamilton and back and a note from my work that I have a week or 2 off till I'm back to work and go to the border would I have a chance or im I not eligible to apply for a trp?
Where did you read this article given seems unlikely an official immigration source.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Most of the articles are saying if u are a US.grren card holder u are able to apply for a trp and get it approved/denied the same day in person at a port of entry. I have to wait till October since they said u can apply only after 12 months of ur claim being rejected ( which i had my court case denied in Toronto on octobor 2019) If I go with the right documentation and with the 2 way ticket and work note and papers showing family ties to my family in canada and friends recommendation about how I changed and a better person ) and plus I am under the process of expungment I got approved for it and its going to take 3-4 months to be deleted off all my record and its going to be clean again. Would that help me im i able to go and apply in person rather than online since it would take longer than 5 months ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Most of the articles are saying if u are a US.grren card holder u are able to apply for a trp and get it approved/denied the same day in person at a port of entry. I have to wait till October since they said u can apply only after 12 months of ur claim being rejected ( which i had my court case denied in Toronto on octobor 2019) If I go with the right documentation and with the 2 way ticket and work note and papers showing family ties to my family in canada and friends recommendation about how I changed and a better person ) and plus I am under the process of expungment I got approved for it and its going to take 3-4 months to be deleted off all my record and its going to be clean again. Would that help me im i able to go and apply in person rather than online since it would take longer than 5 months ?
I would recommend that you apply online. The border closure has been extended several times. Given COVID-19 is getting worse rather than better in the U.S., it's possible the border closure may be extended several more months.

Expungement generally does not remove your criminal convictions for immigration purposes. You will still need to declare these convictions as part of any PR application. I'm assuming these convictions were declared in the sponsorship application your mother submitted for you.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I would recommend that you apply online. The border closure has been extended several times. Given COVID-19 is getting worse rather than better in the U.S., it's possible the border closure may be extended several more months.

Expungement generally does not remove your criminal convictions for immigration purposes. You will still need to declare these convictions as part of any PR application. I'm assuming these convictions were declared in the sponsorship application your mother submitted for you.
How long does an application online usually take from usa ? I would have to apply on octobor either ways I believe because its gonna end the 1 year bar, or im i able to apply for one online before the 1 year ?
And yes we declared it on the application, when I was arrested for theft they gave me 1 misdemeanor charge which it ended up in a court supervision which under illinois law court supervision is not a conviction so therefor i was never convicted of the crime but i was arrested so I know it still counts but either ways its going to be expunged wouldnt it still look better for me that i became better because that was my only crime and I have not done anything else ?