Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 12-08-2016. PPR 12-11-16
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-16. Seminar jan. 6 2017
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
I recently found out that my husband had an affair when he was still in saudi and he got the girl pregnant. She is almost her due date and she asked my husband for a support. I told the girl that we are willing to support the baby and since she doesn't want anything to do with my husband after she gives birth, i told her if it's ok not to put my husband on the birth certificate(selfiSh) because I was thinking it will reject his application. she said ok with the condition.
However, what if she changed her mind and fill a support for the child? Can I still sponsor my husband while the case is going? If not, how long do I have to wait to sponsor him? Or in this case, what step should I do?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Neenvin said:
I recently found out that my husband had an affair when he was still in saudi and he got the girl pregnant. She is almost her due date and she asked my husband for a support. I told the girl that we are willing to support the baby and since she doesn't want anything to do with my husband after she gives birth, i told her if it's ok not to put my husband on the birth certificate(selfiSh) because I was thinking it will reject his application. she said ok with the condition.
However, what if she changed her mind and fill a support for the child? Can I still sponsor my husband while the case is going? If not, how long do I have to wait to sponsor him? Or in this case, what step should I do?
They are not married right? so problem would have occurred if he was married to that girl
The baby I don't think would cause a problem.
This is a complicated situation
Others please help

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he knows for a fact that he is the father, he would need to mention the child in his application. Failure to do so could be seen as misrepresentation, because he needs to disclose (and possible declare) any children that he has.

Now...this would only be a problem if he knows for sure that he's the father.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Ponga said:
If he knows for a fact that he is the father, he would need to mention the child in his application. Failure to do so could be seen as misrepresentation, because he needs to disclose (and possible declare) any children that he has.

Now...this would only be a problem if he knows for sure that he's the father.
But if you apply before the child is born, you don't need to mention it on your application, is that right Ponga? However he will not be able to sponsor the child into Canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:
But if you apply before the child is born, you don't need to mention it on your application, is that right Ponga? However he will not be able to sponsor the child into Canada.
No. If the child is born at anytime after the application has been received, and throughout the processing of the application (including the day that the person lands as a permanent resident), and the paternity is known to be the applicant, CIC must be notified.

Just because the mother omits the father's name from the birth certificate, doesn't change the fact that he is the father.

Neenvin

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1,2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
09-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
I didn't send his application yet because he's still fillinG them out. It seems that I could sponsor him right after we go through the legal case. does the mother of the baby has the right to deport my husband from Canada when he gets here?right now my husband doesn't have a job, will they base the support from my salary since i am the wife? He is in the philippines right now, anyone knows a lawyer number that i could ask regarding this situation?

heshamkate

May 4, 2015
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
Well it is illegal in Saudi to have an affair, they could face serious problems if this was found out. I am not sure how she even was able to get a birth certificate for the child without declaring the father. It is nearly impossible to do so... Well never-the-less it is best to be honest on the application. Unless the girl moved countries and is no longer in Saudi it would be very unlikely for her to ask for support as having a baby out of wedlock is punishable there.

Neenvin

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1,2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
09-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
heshamkate said:
Well it is illegal in Saudi to have an affair, they could face serious problems if this was found out. I am not sure how she even was able to get a birth certificate for the child without declaring the father. It is nearly impossible to do so... Well never-the-less it is best to be honest on the application. Unless the girl moved countries and is no longer in Saudi it would be very unlikely for her to ask for support as having a baby out of wedlock is punishable there.
I heard she can get a birth certificate even though there is no father to declare. it will say "unknown" under the father category if ever. her and my husband are in the philippines now and they are far away from each other. My only problem is, the mother might not let us to put the baby name on his application if he is proven the father. if they are both in the philippines already and saudi finds out, what is saudi going to do?

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Neenvin said:
I know there are cultural things going on here and all that but why would you want to sponsor him still? I doubt very much that this is the only time he had an "affair" on you and it probably won't be the last. There are many good men here in Canada right now that you could take your chances on some day rather than choosing a life with someone you can never trust. You say they are both in the Philippines right now but are far apart? I think you need to realize if you listen to liars and cheats you will always have troubles. Just my opinion .

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Evadyrrehs said:
I know there are cultural things going on here and all that but why would you want to sponsor him still? I doubt very much that this is the only time he had an "affair" on you and it probably won't be the last. There are many good men here in Canada right now that you could take your chances on some day rather than choosing a life with someone you can never trust. You say they are both in the Philippines right now but are far apart? I think you need to realize if you listen to liars and cheats you will always have troubles. Just my opinion .
That's kinda what I was thinking, aside from that, if they put the truth and CIC found out about that it would look a lot like a marriage of convenience. If he has to put the child on the forms then they would see the birth date. I'm sure they can do the math. Ug a jobless dude having illegal affairs in other countries? sounds like a catch (not that it's any of my business).

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
Glad someone else said what I was thinking. I wish you luck Neenvin. It's worth thinking about whether or not you still trust this person. You will also be responsible for him financially for the first several years he is here if he ends up on social assistance.

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
Ontariobat said:
Glad someone else said what I was thinking. I wish you luck Neenvin. It's worth thinking about whether or not you still trust this person. You will also be responsible for him financially for the first several years he is here if he ends up on social assistance.
I was thinking the same :( I'm so sorry for you Neenvin. I don't understand very well the cultural implications here, but I believe you should think it twice before bringing him here. I couldn't imagine what you're going through, being apart from our spouses is hard enough.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Dear Neenvin,

I think the only way how to solve the problem is to postpone an application for a year or two. It is not easy but better than apply now in your situation.

During this time you can see how situation is going on, if the girl will indicate him as the farther of the baby, if he will be willing to help the child and if he will still want to stay with you.

I am really sorry for you but the situation will either keeps your marriage alive or breaks it.

You might somehow try to live with him at least for 6 months to a year. If your marriage will go through all obstacles without divorce, immigration should accept so challenging situationas as well.