+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please I need an answer,Please Experts

K

khafinn

I been working in Canada for the last past 3 years now and I am applying now for the AINP,do I really need to show the funds proof? some people told me I do not have to at this stage but does the CIC ask for a proof even if I been living here and working and have a full time job?

please help me guys

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need proof of funds if you are working in Canada already.

K

khafinn

on the application I stated I have 11 000 dollars and my lawyer is saying they will ask me for a proof when I apply to Buffalo. And people are telling me I do not need a proof,I am just lost here is there anywhere on the iimigration site that it states for workers in Canada do not need funds proof?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The reason for asking for funds is for people who haven't yet arrived in Canada and may not have arranged a job in Canada. They want to make sure that they have enough money to support themselves and get settled when they arrive and until they find a job and start to get paid.

This is actually in the proof of funds section for the skilled worker class, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.
If FSW's get out of showing funds if they have arranged employment, I am sure PNP applicants who are already living and working in Canada do not need to show funds either.

K

khafinn

That is extactly what everybody have been telling me .When I first came to the country on a work permit I did not have to show any proof of funds .

Well thank you so much Leon for your help.