+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE..I NEED AN ADVICE

panga

Mar 29, 2011
I'm a live-in Caregiver and I have 3 more months before I get the 22 months/3900 hours for me to be able to submit for OWP/PR with this option. However, my elderly client is under palliative care now, meaning anytime he might die. The family really want to help me thats why they want to know if I can continue my contract with them even if it is under there father's name so I can submit my papers without delay, no need to look for a new employer.

One more thing, if ever my client die when my papers is on the process for OWP/PR, do I still have to apply for a new LMO and work permit under live-in caregiver program or is it possible now for me to apply for other job like Community Home support care worker?.

Looking forward for a concrete reply with my concern, Thank you very much.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Until you get your OWP, you can only work as a live in caregiver under the employer whose name appears on your WP. We don't know how CIC does the background checks when one submits his/her PR application under the LCP so should your employer dies and the family decides to keep you, they should apply for LMO in your favour but the family should either have a disabled, elderly or child they can put on the application for them to qualify to hire you under the program.

panga said:
I'm a live-in Caregiver and I have 3 more months before I get the 22 months/3900 hours for me to be able to submit for OWP/PR with this option. However, my elderly client is under palliative care now, meaning anytime he might die. The family really want to help me thats why they want to know if I can continue my contract with them even if it is under there father's name so I can submit my papers without delay, no need to look for a new employer.

One more thing, if ever my client die when my papers is on the process for OWP/PR, do I still have to apply for a new LMO and work permit under live-in caregiver program or is it possible now for me to apply for other job like Community Home support care worker?.

Looking forward for a concrete reply with my concern, Thank you very much.

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
hi job seeker i am in a similar situation. i am employed to take care of my disabled boss and his 4 yr old child. On my lmo it states that i care primarily for the child but i also assist her father with day to day activities. sadly he passed away recently, and i am two weeks away from my two yr mark as a lcp. His wife is a secondary person on my lmo but my workpermit is in his name. will i need a new work permit. i am absolutely worried right now.