+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please i need a sample of letter of purpose for visitor visa to canada

ksingh28

Jun 10, 2020
Hello Dear Members,

I really need your help in reviewing the purpose of travel & letter of invitation for my parents' visitor visa application. A few important things about their application are below -

1. Father is a retired teacher and pensioner. Mom is a homemaker.
2. They don't own any property or vehicle in India. Everything is under my name.
3. Father gets a monthly pension and he needs to be present in India for the bank to release the pension to his account. (Life certificate)
4. My sister, brother-in-law, and their son are in India and they keep visiting them regularly.
5. They have around $24000 in their saving account and a $12000 fixed deposit which will be used for their travel.
6. My wife and I are expecting our first child in Oct 2022. Family unification and celebrating the birth of their grandchild is the main purpose of their visit.

I am struggling to write convincing content to prove their strong ties to India. Below is my write-up.

Purpose Of Travel

To,
Visa Officer,
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Sub: Purpose of Travel

Dear Visa Officer,

My Name is ABC (Passport No: ABC, DOB: April 0, 1955), and I am an Indian Citizen living in the city of ABC, Punjab, India. My spouse, ABC , (Passport No: TABC, DOB: Nov 0, 1954) and I are applying for a visitor’s visa for Canada.

The main purpose of our visit is to meet our son and daughter-in-law and to celebrate the birth of our grandchild expected to be born in Oct 2022. We will stay with our son’s family at their residence located at ABC, Brampton, ON – L7A ABC. The duration of our stay will be approx. 3 months and tentative travel dates are Oct 01, 2022, to Dec 30, 2022.

We are genuine visitors, and we assure you that we will leave Canada at the end of our visit. We are financially self-sufficient with access to each other’s funds and will pay for our travel. In addition to this, I am a pensioner and I need to be physically present in India for the bank to release my monthly pension funds to my account. A note from the bank is attached in support along with proof of funds. Moreover, our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson are in India, and they keep visiting us every now and then. (how to rewrite this line to leave an impact)

We have attached the following documents with this application for your perusal.

Bank statements (proof of funds)
Pension document and bank’s note for my physical presence in India
Marriage certificate
Income Tax returns (last 2 years)

Please feel free to contact me in case of any questions. Our contact info is undersigned.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Father's Name and Mother's Name
phone number
ABCsingh@gmail.com

Reactions: T0pubo and 2cookies

jagdey

Jul 21, 2022
can anyone help to get statement of purpose to apply for visitor visa on hotel booking?
i am confused how i explain all things.

ksingh28

Jun 10, 2020
That's nonsense. In country like Korea, where native language is Korean, a lot of folks write and speak English.

hello @steaky

Since you are a VIP member, I posting a question to see if you could help.

I applied for my parents' visitor visa together as we are expecting a baby in Oct 2022. We originally applied in July 2021 on the gckey portal and then reapplied in June 2022. In july 2021, we were not expecting but when we applied in June 2022, I added doctor's note. Post that My mother got her application approved in July 27th, however, my father who was the principal applicant, the application is still under processing. Frankly speaking, I didn't provide any info about my mother other than her fixed deposit which was around 40% of the total funds shown. She s a homemaker.

Have you ever come across a case like this?

Reactions: T0pubo

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello @steaky

Since you are a VIP member, I posting a question to see if you could help.

I applied for my parents' visitor visa together as we are expecting a baby in Oct 2022. We originally applied in July 2021 on the gckey portal and then reapplied in June 2022. In july 2021, we were not expecting but when we applied in June 2022, I added doctor's note. Post that My mother got her application approved in July 27th, however, my father who was the principal applicant, the application is still under processing. Frankly speaking, I didn't provide any info about my mother other than her fixed deposit which was around 40% of the total funds shown. She s a homemaker.

Have you ever come across a case like this?
Yes, in fact case like this is quite common. Your mom show she has the fd to support heself, while your dad has zero funds to support himself.

Btw, anyone can be a VIP member.

Reactions: T0pubo and 2cookies

ksingh28

Jun 10, 2020
Yes, in fact case like this is quite common. Your mom show she has the fd to support heself, while your dad has zero funds to support himself.

Btw, anyone can be a VIP member.
hello @steaky

mom’s fund was 40% of the total funds. Rest of the 60% was declared by my dad. Also, he is a retired pensioner.

whe I mentioned vip member, I meant to say the one of the most experienced person on the forum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello @steaky

mom’s fund was 40% of the total funds. Rest of the 60% was declared by my dad. Also, he is a retired pensioner.

whe I mentioned vip member, I meant to say the one of the most experienced person on the forum.
IRCC really wants to see liquid assets versus fixed deposits. Would include proof of all their savings not just fixed deposits.

ksingh28

Jun 10, 2020
Hello @canuck78 @steaky
Sorry if I was not clear and here goes the full story. My dad and mom applied together for a visitor visa and I am the representative of their file. Dad is the principal applicant. Mom's visa got approved while my father's application is still under processing. They showed around $35000 out of which $12000 (or ~40%) is owned by my mom in a fixed deposit. The rest is liquid money in their joint account.

They applied together on June 10, 2022 and mom got her visa approved on July 27, 2022. As they applied together, I am failing to understand why my dad's profile is still under processing. The purpose of travel and major documentation belongs to my dad. Also, my dad is a pensioner which is their only source of income as of today. I feel that whenever the officer reviews a family application, all the applicants of the family get a decision at the same time.

My wife and I are expecting a child and while applying we also added a doctor's note stating that we want to celebrate the birth of the child.

It's been almost a month now and there is no update on my dad's file and my mother won't travel alone(we can't leave my dad alone). In addition, they both applied on the gckey portal in July 2021. At that time the motive of the visit was family unification and they never got a decision. Later on, when my wife got pregnant, we decided to apply again in June 2022. The due date is in Oct 2022.

Legelege22

Nov 1, 2022
please can any one in the house help me for how to write (purpose of visit )just for tourist around Toronto, me and my 2 kids, my husband will remain in nigeria because he has study application submitted already going for vacation during the Christmas, we dont have any friend or relative in canada. please kindly send a sample of it to talktosunnylege@gmail.com

Legelege22

Nov 1, 2022
Please can i still apply through VFS by means of paper application for canada visitor visa or only online application by upload all documents and later go for biometric? Please i need answer on this

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please can i still apply through VFS by means of paper application for canada visitor visa or only online application by upload all documents and later go for biometric? Please i need answer on this
You apply online. Go on the IRCC visitor visa site and follow the instructions. It will give you the correct forms. You apply online.

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
please can any one in the house help me for how to write (purpose of visit )just for tourist around Toronto, me and my 2 kids, my husband will remain in nigeria because he has study application submitted already going for vacation during the Christmas, we dont have any friend or relative in canada. please kindly send a sample of it to talktosunnylege@gmail.com
There's no way you'll get a decision before end of the year, as majority are waiting since March 2022

Reactions: Naturgrl

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
There's no way you'll get a decision before end of the year, as majority are waiting since March 2022
Who exactly made you a judge over this? People and cases are different, I have seen people on this blog that received positive decisions within few months of putting in applications. So, why are you sounding definite and sure in speech? Does the VO need your consent to make decisions on applications exactly? LMAO

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Who exactly made you a judge over this? People and cases are different, I have seen people on this blog that received positive decisions within few months of putting in applications. So, why are you sounding definite and sure in speech? Does the VO need your consent to make decisions on applications exactly? LMAO
Before you respond, you should have made your research. Have you checked the processing time for visitor's visa for Nigeria, I am a Nigerian and certain with what I typed and not an amateur in the system. I said what I said!

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
Before you respond, you should have made your research. Have you checked the processing time for visitor's visa for Nigeria, I am a Nigerian and certain with what I typed and not an amateur in the system. I said what I said!
Of course you are not an amateur, but definitely, you are not the decision-maker. Policy changes and anything can happen. Her case may qualify for fast-processing routes through the algorithms set out by the IRCC.

There will forever be a long queue on immigration because, migration is akin to human nature; they most move! We have people that have submitted applications for months yet, someone that just had his or her own submitted will be called over and issued. So, these things work in ways we can't predict.

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Did you read the part "she said tourism"?
My advice to the poster is to give a different date, make plans for possibly spring/summer(Easter celebration for example) , and hopefully you get a positive response before then. For the purpose of visit for tourism I don't have a sample, however try to include details of your daily activity in a itinerary format(places you'll be visiting) how exciting it would be to visit this places(difference between the place/event when compared to your homecountry) while still praising your homecountry.