please !!! , I am so confused .

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends

I want to apply for both extension of my post grauate work permit and PR -spousal sponsirship. ( outland takes about 6 month from my country , from Bufaloo about 9 month and from inland about 18 month . But I do not want to leave canada and my husband)

I have two question :

1- in my case is it better that I apply for PR inland or outland ?

2- should I apply for my work permit first and then for PR or first PR and then work permit ?

Please please please , give me some advice . I do not know what to do .

Mary

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
I don't know about work permits, but you are able to apply inland or outland whilst staying in Canada under any kind of visa, whether it be a work permit or a TRV.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear MandiF

did you do medical and also police clearance in canada ? I mean when I want to apply for PR , I do not have to go to my country to send the documents ?
What should I do if I want to apply outland ? I did my medical and police clearance.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
If you have been in Canada more than 6 months, yes you will also need a police clearance from Canada, and you can do your medical in Canada or your own country or anywhere else as long as it is with an approved doctor on the list on the CIC website.

When you apply for PR you actually send all the documents (the sponsorship application & the visa application) to Mississauga in Ontario, as that is where the first stage, the sponsorship approval is processed through and then the whole package is shipped off to the visa office in your own country.

If you already have your medical and the original police clearance for all countries you have lived in since 18 for more than six months then that is great. You just need to include this information.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry , should I leave canada ? and then if I have to have a visa for coming back to Canada ?

Do you know how long takes between interview and passport request ?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
As long as you are from a visa exempt country, you can come and go as much as you want from Canada while your application is in process as long as you keep showing you have ties to your country and will leave if your PR doesn't get approved.

No, all VO will be different regarding interview times and passport requests. And not all applications have interviews.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need visa for coming back to Canada . Because of this I think i should apply for my work permit and visa first and then apply for PR . but it takes to much . Maybe if I apply inland is better for me. ::)see I am so confused. :D

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
You do not need a police report from Canada unless they request it. Are you from a visa exempt country? Do you require a visa to go to the US in case you are called for an interview there? I think you should apply for the PGWP first because at least you will be able to work while the application is in process whether you apply outland or inland. I have been working with my PGWP for the past 2 1/2 years and I am waiting to AIP from my inland application. If you leave Canada and you are not from a visa exempt country, you will need a TRV to re-enter even if you already have the PGWP. You can apply for a TRV by by mail via Buffalo. I did this and got it within one week. The timelines for Buffalo are shorter for US residents and maybe longer if you are non-US. It looks like your home country would be the way to go since it's faster.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came to canada in 2005 by study permit and then I got my PGWP . but because of the expiration of my passport my work permit is less than the period of time that I am eligible for that . now I am going to extend my work permit . Do you think can I extend PGWP ? I was eligible for 3 year but they gave me only 1.5 year . becaus the expiry of my passport.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
pmary said:
I came to canada in 2005 by study permit and then I got my PGWP . but because of the expiration of my passport my work permit is less than the period of time that I am eligible for that . now I am going to extend my work permit . Do you think can I extend PGWP ? I was eligible for 3 year but they gave me only 1.5 year . becaus the expiry of my passport.
I have heard the PGWP being extended due to the applicant's passport being expired. You can call the call centre and find out if a not was made on your file about this.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
If you are non-visa-exempt and you currently have a work permit and you want to continue working, DEFINITELY apply for PR via the inland process and include a work permit extension with the PR application. As long as both are received - together - before your current work permit expires, you're allowed to continue working under the terms of your original status. There is support for this in the IRPA & Regs but, as I just explained to someone else, I don't have my bookmarks right now because I'm at work. If you PM me, I can send you the link later this evening.

The one issue, though, is your passport. Before you go any further, you need to be sure that you can renew your passport without having to leave Canada! They will not issue you PR without a valid passport, and because yours expires, apparently, soon - you need to get that done. If you apply for inland PR, you can't leave Canada without risking forfeiture of the application because if they don't give you another visa to come back, you will no longer meet the residency requirements of an inland applicant and the ap fails. So, again, the passport is the huge issue.

You can definitely get your medicals done in Canada, and you may be able to request your police checks from within Canada, too. But check that out at the same time you're finding out about the passport. These are important pieces that will stall your application if you don't resolve them first.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Robsluv

My work permit expire on May 2010 , so I think I should apply for it seperately ? am I right ? because if i want apply inland it takes 7-8 month to give me my work permit.
And I renewed my passport , I do not have problem with my passport now. I also did my medical and police from canada. What do you think I should do now ?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
pmary said:
Dear Robsluv

My work permit expire on May 2010 , so I think I should apply for it seperately ? am I right ? because if i want apply inland it takes 7-8 month to give me my work permit.
And I renewed my passport , I do not have problem with my passport now. I also did my medical and police from canada. What do you think I should do now ?
Yes. Apply for the PGWP now. If you get another 1.5 yrs, then at least you will be working while waiting for AIP if you apply inland or even if you apply outland. Did it expire in May 2010 or will it expire in May 2011?