+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

abdulali

Jul 16, 2008
Hello,
I need urgent help, advise if possible.
Recently, My passport was stamped with PR visa and I tried to land Canada under family sponsorship, but at the border I was refused to enter due to my recent criminal (dwi). Now, does anyone have experience ? The officer suggested to contact Buffolo, and inform them on this offence. But I do not know what will happen - will my visa-application be canceled or can they allow me to enter. Do I tri to enter from different POE ?
If my application was canceled, can I appeal this decision ?

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
abdulali said:
Hello,
Recently, My passport was stamped with PR visa and I tried to land Canada under family sponsorship, but at the border I was refused to enter due to my recent criminal (dwi). Now, does anyone have experience ? The officer suggested to contact Buffolo, and inform them on this offence. But I do not know what will happen - will my visa-application be canceled or can they allow me to enter. Do I tri to enter from different POE ?
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Ask to Leon or ChirleD10.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
abdulali said:
Hello,
What visa office was your application processed through? That will be the office you have to contact about it. If you have a recent criminal conviction it will waive your visa. You will now have to apply for ARC. Depending on when your conviction was, you may have to wait and apply for a criminal rehabilitation....

Leon, rjessome, or even CharlieD would have more info for you. Unfortunately this is one of the changes that they look for when you come to land as a PR....

Best of Luck to you!!!