+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

Rishi0235

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Our son is a Candian citizen and I his father and mother are Indian citizens. We went to Canada on tourist visa, then our son was born there, after 2 months of his birth, we brought him to India. Today our son is 4 years old. Do we have to take my son to Canada once so that his citizenship doesn't matter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Our son is a Candian citizen and I his father and mother are Indian citizens. We went to Canada on tourist visa, then our son was born there, after 2 months of his birth, we brought him to India. Today our son is 4 years old. Do we have to take my son to Canada once so that his citizenship doesn't matter
If he has a Canadian passport, he can travel to Canada at anytime. He is a citizen.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you explain a bit more about what you are asking? What do you mean by "Do we have to take my son to Canada once so that his citizenship doesn't matter?

He is a Canadian citizen by birth. He does not need to travel to Canada to maintain or confirm Canadian citizenship. He is already a citizen.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Birth tourism currently allows children to obtain Canadian citizenship. It may make the parents have difficulty in getting a TRV in the future. A child can not try to sponsor their parents to live in Canada until they are working themselves and have earned a certain level of income for 3 years. Currently there is a lottery to see who can sponsor their parents because demand far exceeds the number of spots. It is impossible to guess whether parent sponsorship will be possible and what it will look like 20+years from now. Your child can’t just come to live in Canada on their own as a child so would have to wait until they are 18+ to come live in Canada without the risk of being taken into the foster care system which is not a nice place for CCB children.

Rishi0235

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Can you explain a bit more about what you are asking? What do you mean by "Do we have to take my son to Canada once so that his citizenship doesn't matter?

He is a Canadian citizen by birth. He does not need to travel to Canada to maintain or confirm Canadian citizenship. He is already a citizen.
I want to ask that since my son was born, since then I had brought my son from Canada to India, after that we did not go to Canada, will I have to take him to Canada once?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I want to ask that since my son was born, since then I had brought my son from Canada to India, after that we did not go to Canada, will I have to take him to Canada once?
No, you don't.