+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!

JillB33

Jun 12, 2018
Hi. I came across this forum and wanted to ask a question. Hopefully, I can get some help.

My closest friend who came to Canada as a Convention Refugee was granted his Permanent Residency in Canada. He was told recently that the Minister is starting some sort of vacation application as they have reason to believe he made a false report in his Refugee application.

Before telling me what he did was wrong, I just want to know if there is some sort of appeal to this vacation application they are doing. Is there any argument that can be made or any appeal or is there no hope? He wants to know before he considers spending thousands of dollars on a lawyer.

Thought I would try and help. Thanks for any response. God Bless

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Pretty much answered in this thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-evidence.565195/

He can appeal, but once the appeal process is exhausted, and if they find against him, he will have to leave. Misrepresentation (falsifying information) is a serious crime in Canada. If IRCC is planning to revoke his status, you are pretty much assured they have a solid case to back it up. They don’t pursue vacation with out being pretty much assured of a win.