+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help

lesterorbeta

Dec 6, 2009
thank you for reading this but i applied last may 5 and they received my application at buffalo on may 10. i received word from the cibc
bank that had issued my bank draft that they encashed it last july 7? i have not received an AOR yet but is the acknowledgment of the bank mean my papers are under process? hope you could explain . and will an AOR be in a letter or an email? thank you so much lester

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Lester, my application is in the same state. If you go to the site Trackitt, you'll see that none of the CEC applicants since April have gotten an AOR yet, you're in good company. I think that if they cashed the check, at least the application won't be returned for being incomplete.

trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/canadian-experience-class

lesterorbeta

Dec 6, 2009
thank you for the response. how then would we know they have received our documents? do we just sit and wait?
sorry for the beong so angry but at least they should have let us know that they have received it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I couldn't agree with you more. I can't think of any other situation - even from a government agency - where you are expected to wait (you are supposed to wait 20 weeks, according to CIC-Buffalo, for an AOR) for acknowledgement of a payment - esp. involving such large sums of money. Inexcusable, and you are not the only one who is angry. I really do think we deserve an explanation - heck, if I were given a good reason, maybe I would be a lot more patient...

I guess you are supposed to know that they have received it by tracking delivery of your package, but having a confirmed delivery is not the same thing as having a confirmed receipt, is it?

Hang in there - hopefully the "20 weeks" is the longest possible estimate, that it will actually be done sooner.

pperky

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ask your bank for the copy of your bank draft, this would have a stamped file number from CIC (starting with 'B'), that's your file immigration number. use ecas see your app. status online.

hope this helps.