+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help..... :(

hugo

May 4, 2013
Can somebody give me an idea please.

I have a friend in Canada. He is under student visa and he is enrolled and payed the school for 8 months. He is now on his 4th months in study when fortunately, he found a job/ employer who is willing to give him LMO under their sponsorship. The question is... Is he allowed to quit schooling and grab the opportunity given to him? what are the documents that he must ask for the employer to present to the school?

Thank you in advance.

abrilmendoza

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
hugo said:
Can somebody give me an idea please.

I have a friend in Canada. He is under student visa and he is enrolled and payed the school for 8 months. He is now on his 4th months in study when fortunately, he found a job/ employer who is willing to give him LMO under their sponsorship. The question is... Is he allowed to quit schooling and grab the opportunity given to him? what are the documents that he must ask for the employer to present to the school?

Thank you in advance.
i think he has to continuously study for 6 moths (purely studying) before he can work, he still needs to study though even if he accepts the job.

better check the website to make sure though :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
abrilmendoza said:
i think he has to continuously study for 6 moths (purely studying) before he can work, he still needs to study though even if he accepts the job.

better check the website to make sure though :)
Not true with a full time job offering a LMO. He will have to stop studying, however. He can apply for a change in status from student to worker, although no one can say if he will be approved.

hugo

May 4, 2013
he is enrolled in a language school. does he need to study for 6 months before he can accept the job? he is offered a job to another province in canada so he has to choose whether to study or to accept the job. there is LMO already and his student visa will be processed to working visa under the sponsorship of the company. thank you.

hugo

May 4, 2013
amikety----- what if his working visa will be denied? does it mean that he needs to go back to his own country asap? or it depends on when his visa will be expired? thank you.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
hugo said:
amikety----- what if his working visa will be denied? does it mean that he needs to go back to his own country asap? or it depends on when his visa will be expired? thank you.
He will be notified by mail if he needs to leave at a certain time - usually with a rejection notice if he gets one. However, if he has a TRV, he will probably be allowed to stay until the expiration date.

If he applies at the border (no medical needed) he can ask the IO any questions he has. He does not need to apply for a new TRV!

hugo

May 4, 2013
Ok. So does he need to gather all the documents first like employment letter and the approved working visa before he quits school? or do you have an idea what are the documents that he must present to the school so he can quit?