+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
To all the people who could help me:

I have a problem with regards to my work permit application here in Singapore.
I already submitted all my documents here in Canadian Embassy - Singapore. I submitted it last November 25, 2008.
But until now i haven't receive any notice yet for medical or for any advices from the Embassy. Due to global crisis, there is a rumor in
our company that they will retrench the newly hired employees. Unfortunately, i am one of those. Then from here my problem arise.
I don't know what to do with my application with the embassy. Because if my company will cancel my permit to work here in Singapore (we called it S-Pass), of course it's either i should find another job in order to stay longer here in Singapore or i will go back to my home country. Then in Singapore, once your current employer will cancel your working permit, the Singapore Government will give you 14 days only to stay in their country. But what if i cannot find a job due to this global crisis? I don't have any choice but go back to my home country. My questions are:

1. If ever i will go back to my home country, do i need to inform the embassy?
2. If ever i will inform the embassy regarding of my going back home, what will happen to my application?

Please for all those who have the ability to help others and to those who encountered this kind of problem, please i really need your help.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Heavens

rianne

Oct 24, 2008
Hi Heavens,

I am not sure about this, but i guess you need to inform the embassy there in Singapore.
I think PPM, Leon or BCGuy could help you on this.

Sorry, i want to help but i really can't......

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
rupeshhari, yes you are definitely right. I even can't sleep well at night thinking what is the right thing to do. I am thinking, i know anytime i can ask the embassy here with regards to my status but i am afraid i might do a wrong move. What if there is a good alternative for my situation right now? This thing is always keep taunting on my head.