+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help - Wrong entry dates on COPR

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
I followed these steps however you need to enter your details as you gave them in your account.
I mean on my CoPR I had my birthplace shortened and it was giving me error because I entered it as is on CoPR. It worked after entering all the characters given during ITA/PR application.
Not sure you are having trouble for something similar.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
@Bend, I landed at Point Roberts - Boundary Bay Border today also linked my PR card application in my account. Thanks to @myra20sharma.

When mentioned to CBSA officer wrong dates thing, she checked my passport and asked me to sign on both copies, then took my passport with both CoPR copies and returned after 15-20 minutes explaining obligations and all. I thought she corrected the dates and I didn't check it there but dates are still not corrected.

Not sure she did or not or just changed on IRCC copy. Anyway, I'll be contacting IRCC for that.

It was surprisingly busy, most applicants doing flagpoling for PGWP. - I felt sense of frustration from them.
Hey @arajoba, thank you for your quick and detailed response. Congratulations!

I really hope they have corrected it. Although, I have read that they correct it on the papers too. Well, let us know if you hear anything in this regard. Thank you once again.

Reactions: arajoba

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
I followed these steps however you need to enter your details as you gave them in your account.
I mean on my CoPR I had my birthplace shortened and it was giving me error because I entered it as is on CoPR. It worked after entering all the characters given during ITA/PR application.
Not sure you are having trouble for something similar.
Thanks... fine now! Linked.

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hey @arajoba, thank you for your quick and detailed response. Congratulations!

I really hope they have corrected it. Although, I have read that they correct it on the papers too. Well, let us know if you hear anything in this regard. Thank you once again.
You have to send a form back to Ottawa to make the corrections... you will then be issued a VOS verification of status document which you will submit together with your COPR wen required for citizenship purposes. The COPR is your gist document and it is locked until citizenship. I called cic and they sent the for and procedure to follow. But I won’t do until after I get my PR card... no stories

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
You have to send a form back to Ottawa to make the corrections... you will then be issued a VOS verification of status document which you will submit together with your COPR wen required for citizenship purposes. The COPR is your gist document and it is locked until citizenship. I called cic and they sent the for and procedure to follow. But I won’t do until after I get my PR card... no stories
If its needed for citizenship purposes or maybe while renewing PR card, I assume we can ease a bit. There is no rush to correct it asap and can be done after we receive PR card.
I also have to travel in March/April so I foresee myself doing it after getting PR card.

Did they tell you what is timeline for that?

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
We have waited long enough for this PR plssss..... this correction is not urgent and more so it’s their error not us, only that it affects inlanders directly. This error is on majority of COPRs issued. You will need a copy of the stamp on your passport when you entered Canada as a proof. Whatever will happen, I must receive my PR card before the correction.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys does anyone know if it will be a problem if our status expired while validating COPR?
I sent out my passport today after i got a PPR request yesterday, my status has expired when my BOWP was refused and I applied for restoration within 90days and it is still in process, I was just wondering if anyone has validated their COPR in an IRCC office without a valid status?

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hey guys does anyone know if it will be a problem if our status expired while validating COPR?
I sent out my passport today after i got a PPR request yesterday, my status has expired when my BOWP was refused and I applied for restoration within 90days and it is still in process, I was just wondering if anyone has validated their COPR in an IRCC office without a valid status?
You have applied for restoration and if I am right that places you on implied status. Implied status is as valid as your expired status once you apply and your application is acknowledged as received. When going to validate your COPR, you go with evidence of your expired documents and the acknowledgment of the new application! You have your PR already!

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
You have applied for restoration and if I am right that places you on implied status. Implied status is as valid as your expired status once you apply and your application is acknowledged as received. When going to validate your COPR, you go with evidence of your expired documents and the acknowledgment of the new application! You have your PR already!
When we apply for restoration we won’t be on implied status, but my PR got approved after my status has expired so I don’t think I will have any problem while validating it

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
When we apply for restoration we won’t be on implied status, but my PR got approved after my status has expired so I don’t think I will have any problem while validating it
Strange. Why did they refuse BOWP when you already got PPR? Any reasons given? CBSA Officer may raise question whether you are working or not.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. Why did they refuse BOWP when you already got PPR? Any reasons given? CBSA Officer may raise question whether you are working or not.
I applied PR through pnp so my BOWP got refused 2months before my PR got approved saying my pnp is employer restricted and I put leave to my work and stopped working immediately. I explained CIC of my situation and uploaded my managers email saying I am on an unpaid leave so i had no problem getting PR after that.
For validating my COPR I better book an appointment at an IRCC instead of going to the border

Last edited:

Ramya Gayatri

Dec 27, 2021
Hello Everyone - I'm an outland-dependent applicant and my husband is CEC inland applicant. We've received our PR and I received my passport stamped and COPR recently, In my COPR I see that the Last Entry Date and Original Date entry are mentioned as my husband's details instead they should be left blank.

What should I be doing to correct these ? Can I travel with this COPR?

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone!
I had wrong original entry and recent entry in my eCOPR, so I sent it to Ottawa for correction. However I hadn’t signed the eCOPR as the dates were wrong. Will they reject it without amending it ? Thanks

Sarpreet1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone!
I had wrong original entry and recent entry in my eCOPR, so I sent it to Ottawa for correction. However I hadn’t signed the eCOPR as the dates were wrong. Will they reject it without amending it ? Thanks
Mine is same issue too. did u send ecopr for correction after receiving pr card or before pr card . Because I showing 6 month process . Can I update my sin and health card with this ecopr or do I have wait until correct ecopr come . Please reply me . Thanks

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Mine is same issue too. did u send ecopr for correction after receiving pr card or before pr card . Because I showing 6 month process . Can I update my sin and health card with this ecopr or do I have wait until correct ecopr come . Please reply me . Thanks
I sent it right away after getting eCOPR. Though I received PR card after that. Also I got my new sin and health card done.