+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help with Supporting Documentation request clarification

Mushroom

Jan 17, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I've come to post on the forum once more as this forum is full of knowledgeable people on this subject. So to get straight to the point, my wife and I sent an outland sponsorship application back in Mid April 2011, and since then the application has been sitting at the Seoul Visa Office for some time. (Also, when we originally sent the application, we've only had our wedding in Canada, and around Mid-May, we had our wedding in South Korea, but we haven't sent this information to them yet, which I guess is the reason they're asking for it now.)

Furthermore, just recently, the status changed, and we've received an email asking for additional documentation, and we're hoping the knowledgeable user base here could clarify/confirm what we think that they're asking for.

Here are the 4 requested documents:

(X) Evidence of marriage in Korea
-> Our Marriage certificate in Korea?

(X) Family relation document showing marriage
-> Not exactly sure on what document that they're asking for, but something to show that my wife and I are now related?

(X) Certificate of Entry/exit Records from Korean Immigration Office Showing All Records for You
-> Scans of the Passport pages in which we received the stamps for entry/exit into South Korea?

(X) Evidence that medical examination has been completed as well as name, address of Designated Medical Centres
-> Receipt of the Medical exam that she took back before we sent the initial application.?

They've also stated that we have 15 days from the date of this letter to send the above documents, does this mean that they must receive the documents within 15 days? Or just the sent date has to be within 15 days? We ask this question as the item #1, 2 will take some time for it to arrive here, and I believe they only take originals, is that right?

Thank you in advance for reading this lengthy post, and we are very grateful for any information you can provide :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1. Photos and other items from wedding (programmes, souveneirs etc)

2. Marriage certificate (unless Korea has something more specific, ask your spouse or an older married couple).

3. Yes.

4. If that medical has not yet expired, then yes. If that medical was more than a year ago, get another one done and take the receipt from that.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Mushroom said:
(X) Evidence of marriage in Korea
-> Our Marriage certificate in Korea?
As Charlie mentioned, also send in photos and other proof the wedding occurred and was attended by family and friends.
(X) Family relation document showing marriage
-> Not exactly sure on what document that they're asking for, but something to show that my wife and I are now related?
Your Korean marriage certificate may be enough, but in Korea each household has some kind of book showing the family's composition over the generations. They may want a copy of that, showing you've been added.
(X) Certificate of Entry/exit Records from Korean Immigration Office Showing All Records for You
-> Scans of the Passport pages in which we received the stamps for entry/exit into South Korea?
Try sending in scans of your passport pages with the stamps. You could include a note asking if they want some document from the Immigration Office as well. If they do, the Immigration Office in the city you lived in will have records on you.

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
The Family Relation document is like Canadianwomen says, an official document showing the composition of all members of your household. It is generally the same as a birth certificate so I'm not sure how that relates to your particular circumstances of only just being married in Korea.

The Entry/Exit Certificate is an official document from Immigration showing all movement in and out of Korea for Korean nationals (this comes in an English/Korean version or a straight Korean version; ask for the English version to avoid having to translate)

When your wife did the medicals she should have received a receipt from the DMP and the DMP should have the medical results to Ottawa which in turn send them to the Seoul Embassy. Your receipt was to be filed with the original application but it sounds like they are trying to find your medicals.

Usually the letters read that they have to receive items within XX days of the date of the letter. If the deadline cannot be met just send them a case specific email marked urgent asking for additional time and keep them updated.

I'm assuming your wife is Korean and you are the sponsor? Have your wife find a Korean language Korea-Canada or US immigration forum and there will be lots of discussion on these forms with the Korean name and how to obtain them. This is what my wife did.

Our application sat in Seoul for a long time also but when they finally asked for additional information it moved along very quickly.