+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! What should I do?

Polianna Rose

Dec 17, 2017
**I am just one of many individuals in a tough position that i did not choose so please if you cannot help or give positive constructive feed back, don't respond!***

Here we go!
Background:
I lived in a Caribbean island called St. Lucia 8 years ago. When my guardian fell ill, I was sent to Canada to live with my mother at the age of 10 (I had no knowledge or control of what was happening)

I came to Canada on a visitor visa & have been here ever since.
The plan according to my mother was to apply for family class sponsorship in order for myself & my siblings to become permanent residents of Canada. While my siblings who lived separate from me were successful with their applications, I was not. This is because my documents were tampered with by my guardians in St. Lucia and the embassy in charge of the family class sponsorship closed my application due to lack of documents (this happened 8 years ago, I had no knowledge)

Now: Now, I am still not sponsored & I still have no status as my visitor visa expired years ago. My mother attempted to sponsor me again, a few years ago but the application was denied as she was receiving Ontario Works. She is unable to proceed with the application as of now because she is still unemployed and receiving Ontario Works.

Current Issue: As of February 2019, I am officially 18 years of age. Since my mother is receiving Ontario Works and I was under the age of 18, I was able to get CCB (Canadian Child Benefit) this was my only source of income and the only little money that we had for food, transportation etc.
Now, I have no way of making an income since I have no status & no sin number. I am still in high school & trying to finish but it is hard to go to school without any money for food or transportation. I have tried to get a cash job but restaurants & shops in my city are not willing to hire.

Big Questions:
1) Respectfully, what would you advise me to do in order to make an income?
2) Who can I talk to in order to find a way to receive some government funds until I can get sponsored?
3) Do you have any advice for me that can help me sponsor myself without a stable or any income?

Other:
** I know the best option would be to return to my country but all my family is in Canada and I have no one in St. Lucia. If i return to St. Lucia I will be homeless on the street as my only family left there is my grandmother is she ill & does not work.
** St. Lucia does not have benefits or programs in place for my situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The best option would be for your mother to get off Ontario Works so that she can sponsor you for pr. She would have to stay off OW for the better part of a year for this to be possible. Once you are a pr you would be able to work. Otherwise the only option to get pr on you own would be under H&C. However this is a long process and you would likely be waiting more than a year before you would be able to work.

I don’t think there are any financial assistance programs you qualify for unfortunately.