+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help: What do I need to do to fully respond to these concerns from CIC?

Jach001

May 27, 2018
I applied twice for a student visa and was refused on both occasions. I graduated from a master's program in Europe and wish to continue with my education in Canada, in a health related field as I have backgrounds in Psychology (BA) and e-Health (MSc). I was offered a certificate program in Disability Support Work in Canada and applied for the first student visa in December last year but was refused on the grounds stated below. Soon after the first rejection, I was offered an MSc in Public Health in Canada early this year so I gathered several documents hoping to address the reasons for the first rejection. But again, I got rejected recently on the same grounds. My program begins this September 2018, so please what do I do now?

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Jach001

May 27, 2018
before you so anything, request for your gcms notes to get detailed reasons of the VO before reapplying
After the first visa rejection, I got the GCMS notes: in response to the financial grounds, I got a financial sponsor who owns his own company to serve as my financial sponsor. I also added an indenture of my land and a family land lease. My brother who is a Canadian permanent resident also added his bank statement and employment contracts. For the family ties I added affidavits that I will return home after my studies. And made my dad swear an affidavit and cover letter explaining my ties to my home country and that I will come back home after my studies. However, I am currently unemployed and so I was not able to find a way to address the employment situation concern. But I was hoping that my affidavits will take care of that.
However after all these documents I got rejected on the second attempt. I have feeling the officer did not consider all my documentation for the second application.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
you made your case weak if your sponsor isn't your either parent, the VO won't see someone who has his own company but not your parents as not a sure guarantee that you will be able to see yourself through your studies in Canada except he's your Boss or you been sponsor by a company

its advisable when reapplying that your sponsor should be either of your parent

ankitnimesh

Star Member
May 20, 2018
you made your case weak if your sponsor isn't your either parent, the VO won't see someone who has his own company but not your parents as not a sure guarantee that you will be able to see yourself through your studies in Canada except he's your Boss or you been sponsor by a company

My VISA also refused and one of the reason was "personal assets and financial status". MY brother who lives in canada showed his bank statement. First semesters fees was paid already, fees receipts were attached. He is separated with no child. Do I need to show my parent as sponsor? I will re-apply soon, requested CAIPS notes already.

Jach001

May 27, 2018

Thank you very much for your help. I think you are very right. However, my sponsor is my dad's friend and has plans to offer me employment with his company after my two year MSc program as his company deals with manufacturing agricultural chemical products and he needs a community health expert. We have already discussed these prospects but he wasn't sure about the relationship, so he decided to go with a family friend. But then indicated on the sponsorship letter that the company was going to be taking care of all my educational expenses in Canada. Do you have any suggestion on how we should handle this in my reapplication, and how long would you advise I wait before reapplying, as my program is starting this september 2018 and I have already been rejected twice for study visa?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I will advise you not to hurry to reapply, its still not advisable for a family friend to sponsor you. The future plans of employment in his company can help you also but not him acting as a sponsor

Except not him wanting to sponsor but the company but in your previous application you already stated you will not employed and changing stories will be seen as a misrepresentation

Your father should step in as the sponsor, then his friend and your brother can be the cosponsor or his friend alone can be the cosponsor

you can use his employment offer as your home tie as well as building a strong future goal

Before you do anything try to think and see from the VOs perspective. your SOP should be your massive weapon to convince the VOs

I can take a look at your two previous SOPs, gcms notes, and refusal letters, Johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

..maybe I could make suggestions

Jach001

May 27, 2018
I will advise you not to hurry to reapply, its still not advisable for a family friend to sponsor you. The future plans of employment in his company can help you also but not him acting as a sponsor

Except not him wanting to sponsor but the company but in your previous application you already stated you will not employed and changing stories will be seen as a misrepresentation

Your father should step in as the sponsor, then his friend and your brother can be the cosponsor or his friend alone can be the cosponsor

you can use his employment offer as your home tie as well as building a strong future goal

Before you do anything try to think and see from the VOs perspective. your SOP should be your massive weapon to convince the VOs

I can take a look at your two previous SOPs, gcms notes, and refusal letters, Johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

Thank you very much for offering to help. I will email them to you once the second application's gcms notes are in. I have submitted my application for the gcms notes but I will have to wait for a little while to get them. So I will email you once they are in.

Jach001

May 27, 2018

However, my dad is on retirement and may not be able to raise that amount of money to sponsor me. So I may have to use my uncle who is my mother's direct elder brother. They bear the same surename, which is different from my surename. However, my mom kept her maiden name after marrying my dad. So will using my uncle as my financial sponsor work in this situation? That way my father's friend could act as my future boss/employer and my uncle and brother as my financial sponsors.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see a couple of problems. Your brother may have studied and then stayed in Canada so seems likely you would do the same thing. Even though you had a bachelors and masters you applied to take a course as a disability support worker which makes no sense given your qualification but shows that you may be tryint to stay in Canada knowing there is a program for caregivers. You have also done 2 degrees abroad and have not used those degrees to find work in your homw country so there is no reason why you would return after the next degree. Given you already have a Masters it doesn't make sense to do another masters especially becauee there are jons available in the ehealth field. Your reasoning that you will get a job in your friend's agricultural company also doesn't make sense with a public health degree. As others have said having a friend provide financial support is not what CIC prefers to see because only immediate family have vested interest in having you graduate. Best of luck.

Jach001

May 27, 2018
I see a couple of problems. Your brother may have studied and then stayed in Canada so seems likely you would do the same thing. Even though you had a bachelors and masters you applied to take a course as a disability support worker which makes no sense given your qualification but shows that you may be tryint to stay in Canada knowing there is a program for caregivers. You have also done 2 degrees abroad and have not used those degrees to find work in your homw country so there is no reason why you would return after the next degree. Given you already have a Masters it doesn't make sense to do another masters especially becauee there are jons available in the ehealth field. Your reasoning that you will get a job in your friend's agricultural company also doesn't make sense with a public health degree. As others have said having a friend provide financial support is not what CIC prefers to see because only immediate family have vested interest in having you graduate. Best of luck.
Thanks Canuck78 for the valuable insights. Yes, the picture you painted does look like someone trying to immigrate to Canada to a VO. However, my plan is to specialize by combining the eHealth with a Pubic Health degree as my home country is currently undergoing a rising adoption of eHealth in its public health care service sector. Thus, I would be an effective eHealth personnel with a good grounding in Public Health, thus the reasoning behind my desire to acquire the Public Health degree. Hence not getting a job after my first master's thus isn't for lack of job vacancies presently, but for a desire to pursue my immediate career goals. Also, as I currently have no background in public health, going straight for a public health PhD degree might not appear feasible without first acquiring the basic ground knowledge and skills through another master's degree in the field before hopefully advancing toward a PhD later in my career after working back in my home country for some time. And as my family friend produces agricultural chemical products, his company has a community health department that works in community health and safety promotion regarding the use of their products. This is the department he hopes to engage me after my program in Canada as my backgrounds in both eHealth and the prospective Public Health program will come in handy in helping his company in dealing with community health and safety promotion efforts. Thus, as you can see, from this perspective my intentions for the second master's are as genuine as can be and necessary for my future plans. The problem is therefore how to make the VOs see things from this angle?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018
Thank you very much for offering to help. I will email them to you once the second application's gcms notes are in. I have submitted my application for the gcms notes but I will have to wait for a little while to get them. So I will email you once they are in.
Hi Dear,

Can u plz lemme know from which website you ordered GCMS notes...?

I'm having refusals in the past.. so that's why I'm seeking your help ..

Thanks

Jach001

May 27, 2018
Hi Dear,

Can u plz lemme know from which website you ordered GCMS notes...?

I'm having refusals in the past.. so that's why I'm seeking your help ..

Thanks
Hello amandeep.singh, I have a brother there who applied on my behalf. You may find this useful:

You can request your GCMS/CAIPS notes from CIC through
1- (Access to information act) Using a third party (present in Canada) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp it will cost 5$.
2- (Privacy Act) By your own (you must be present in Canada) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp it will be free.
Visit these links and you will get the information you need.
There are also some websites available on the internet as well which get your notes for you, but I haven't tried them, as I choose the first option and requested my notes through my father's friend in Canada.
These websites include
http://www.caips.ca/
http://caipsnotes.com/

Also see this in case you currently live in Canada
http://www.canadianimmigrationpodcast.com/what-to-do-when-your-canadian-visa-application-is-rejected/

Mar 24, 2018
Hello amandeep.singh, I have a brother there who applied on my behalf. You may find this useful:

You can request your GCMS/CAIPS notes from CIC through
1- (Access to information act) Using a third party (present in Canada) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp it will cost 5$.
2- (Privacy Act) By your own (you must be present in Canada) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp it will be free.
Visit these links and you will get the information you need.
There are also some websites available on the internet as well which get your notes for you, but I haven't tried them, as I choose the first option and requested my notes through my father's friend in Canada.
These websites include
http://www.caips.ca/
http://caipsnotes.com/

Also see this in case you currently live in Canada
http://www.canadianimmigrationpodcast.com/what-to-do-when-your-canadian-visa-application-is-rejected/
Thanks much for your kind help.

But indeed sorry to hear this that you got the refusal second time also... bro i am also having a same story... completed my masters degree here... nd applied for study visa.. but later it was refused..

Bro.. what was ur profile...?

Jach001

May 27, 2018
Thanks much for your kind help.

But indeed sorry to hear this that you got the refusal second time also... bro i am also having a same story... completed my masters degree here... nd applied for study visa.. but later it was refused..

Bro.. what was ur profile...?
Thanks man, sorry to hear you are also suffering a similar fate as mine. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Anyways, please what do you mean by my profile?